Thinking about upgrading (3-->4) wondering if certain glitches hav

Guest 2501

I've been using 3.018 for a while and am thinking about upgrading to 4, but I want to know if some things have been changed/fixed from 3

in particular, I was trying to use the "shipping by category" option, where I had one category that offered a free delivery because they were products only available to people locally and I was going to hand deliver them. but when I put in that one category with free delivery, the option for free delivery showed up in the checkout cart even if no items from that category were in the cart.

also, does 4 allow you to use inventory based on product options, rather than just one quantity for the whole item? for instance, I sell t-shirts, and have options for size (and some times color or shirt style), and obviously the overall "quantity" doesn't really matter, but only the quantity of the specific size the person wants to order.

thanks for any info that can help answer these questions.

I've been using 3.018 for a while and am thinking about upgrading to 4, but I want to know if some things have been changed/fixed from 3

in particular, I was trying to use the "shipping by category" option, where I had one category that offered a free delivery because they were products only available to people locally and I was going to hand deliver them. but when I put in that one category with free delivery, the option for free delivery showed up in the checkout cart even if no items from that category were in the cart.

also, does 4 allow you to use inventory based on product options, rather than just one quantity for the whole item? for instance, I sell t-shirts, and have options for size (and some times color or shirt style), and obviously the overall "quantity" doesn't really matter, but only the quantity of the specific size the person wants to order.

I think that you would need to install the excellent shipping mod from Estelle - which I pretty much do for all my client's sites.

You will also need to install another mod (I think Estelle also does this one) to hold qty by stock option

Thank you for the info, do you have links for that mod?

I think that you would need to install the excellent shipping mod from Estelle - which I pretty much do for all my client's sites.

You will also need to install another mod (I think Estelle also does this one) to hold qty by stock option

• 3 weeks later...

I found CC4 to be far more "quirky," and wish I never made the upgrade. Security is better, but the order statuses are trying to be intelligent, but they are not. They seem to be causing me a problem. The mods are installed quite differently and require license agreements and many have encrypted files that will require you to coordinate with the mod author. The problem with that is that there are quite a few authors that will not respond to your requests; ultimately leaving you hanging.

I personally and hoping there will be a CC5 soon, or I may have to go to a different cart :blink:

I hope that helps a little.

Patrick