Upgrade to latest version

Our developer has disapeared off the face of the earth (well not answering emails any more). We need to upgrade to the latest version of cubecart 4.1.1 to 4.3.3. Is it something I can do myself or do i need an expert. I have some knowledge but probably not enough.

any advice would be appreciated.

Ken

Our developer has disapeared off the face of the earth (well not answering emails any more). We need to upgrade to the latest version of cubecart 4.1.1 to 4.3.3. Is it something I can do myself or do i need an expert. I have some knowledge but probably not enough.

Ken

Upgrading standard CubeCart from one version to another is relatively straight forward but there are several things that you need to take into account. What skin are you using - several upgrades have required small changes to the skin which would have to be done manually. Have you had any mods installed - if so you would need to re-install these after doing the upgrade. Nobody will be able to answer whether you can do it or not - if you feel you dont have enough experience then you probably dont.

Ian

• 1 month later...
Guest Soul Reaver

Ken

Upgrading standard CubeCart from one version to another is relatively straight forward but there are several things that you need to take into account. What skin are you using - several upgrades have required small changes to the skin which would have to be done manually. Have you had any mods installed - if so you would need to re-install these after doing the upgrade. Nobody will be able to answer whether you can do it or not - if you feel you dont have enough experience then you probably dont.

Ian

This might be a daft question, but I'm on version 4.2.1 and the latest version is 4.3.3

Do I have to intall every update in order, or can I perform one install from 4.2.1 to 4.3.3?

Many thanks in advance

Jon

This might be a daft question, but I'm on version 4.2.1 and the latest version is 4.3.3

Do I have to intall every update in order, or can I perform one install from 4.2.1 to 4.3.3?

Many thanks in advance

Jon

Yes you can upgrade directly from 4.2.1 to 4.3.3 but you need to be aware of a small change that needs to be made to your skin which you can see here : http://forums.cubecart.com/index.php?showtopic=36497