Third Party Skins

Guest anne202b

Guest anne202b

Brand new to CubeCart. Haven't even installed it yet.

If I want a third party skin, do I download that to my computer 'before' I download CubeCart? Is an option given during installation of CubeCart? How does this work?

Thanks.

If I want a third party skin, do I download that to my computer 'before' I download CubeCart? Is an option given during installation of CubeCart? How does this work?

Thanks.

Each skin is held within its own sub-directory within the skins directory. I would suggest installing cubeCart first and then taking a look around the directory structure (or getting someone to install it for you) although third-party skins are generally very easy to install.

Ian

Guest Brivtech

Skins don't need to be installed - CubeCart checks to see what skins are in the skins folder, and lists them. All you need to do is upload the skin files, go into your admin config page and select your new skin.

If you haven't installed CC yet, do so first, then upload the skin, then change the admin setting.

Skins don't need to be installed - CubeCart checks to see what skins are in the skins folder, and lists them. All you need to do is upload the skin files, go into your admin config page and select your new skin.

Most skins can of course be "installed" by doing that, but there are also quite a few that need some small code changes in order to work - I run several of them myself. Therefore without knowing what skin is planned, my "generally very easy to install" comment is perfectly valid

If you have decided which skin you want to use, then you could just look at the "install" instructions or post the name up here and somebody will be able to tell you the situation

Ian

Guest Brivtech

If you have decided which skin you want to use, then you could just look at the "install" instructions or post the name up here and somebody will be able to tell you the situation

That would be better done at the cubecartforums.org forum, as we'll be going too much into third part support here. Remember, this forum is for core CubeCart support.

Guest MasterSites

Thanks.

Ok its very simple. Download CubeCart - Install it following the instructions in Read Me file that comes in the directory or CubeCart. Then once all installed - I would suggest setting up the shop first - so set all your settings, add your categories and products etc. Then download your third party skin.

What you do is download your skin to your desktop first - PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT THE SKIN IS FOR THE CORRECT VERSION OF CUBECART - If it doesnt say on the skins site what version ask the question - as CubeCart updates require some tweaks to the skins files therefore if you download a skin for CubeCart 4.2.1 for instance and your actually runing the latest 4.3.3 then you will run into issues. So ask the questions and dont just think because it says for CubeCart V4 it will work.

So now thats cleared up - what you do assuming you have the right version and its downloaded onto your desktop - Go to your website hosting through FTP - go to the skins director - <CUBECART ROOT>/Skins and upload the entire skin in its folder to this section. - there maybe instructions within the skin on what to upload.

hope this has helped.

Thanks

Rob

This post has been edited by Vrakas.

Please read forum rules concerning adverts and 3rd party skins etc.

Thanks for understanding.