I keep getting a fatal error Upgrading from 4.1.1 to 4.3.3

Guest Kamil Sarji

Guest Kamil Sarji

I currently have CubeCart 4.1.1 that was running with PHP 4.x. I downloaded CubeCart 4.3.3 as a zip file to my compter and unzipped it so that I could upload it to the webserver. I found out that CubeCart 4.3.3 requires the new version of PHP to run, so I upgraded it to 5.2.1. When I uploaded all the files to the server (auto or in another instance binary) I get the a blank page with the following error (which shows up on every webpage:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function filter_var() in /home/html/CubeCart-4.3.3/ini.inc.php on line 243

So line 243 is the last line in ini.inc.php, is it missing something or is it suppose to refer to another file that isn't there. I've tried uploading it in different ways. I've even created a folder and ran a PHP tool to unzip the file directly on the server, and that didn't work.

btw: I ran the cubecart compatibility and that pages shows up telling me that the my webserver is compatible to have 4.3.3 installed.

Any ideas?

I currently have CubeCart 4.1.1 that was running with PHP 4.x. I downloaded CubeCart 4.3.3 as a zip file to my compter and unzipped it so that I could upload it to the webserver. I found out that CubeCart 4.3.3 requires the new version of PHP to run, so I upgraded it to 5.2.1. When I uploaded all the files to the server (auto or in another instance binary) I get the a blank page with the following error (which shows up on every webpage:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function filter_var() in /home/html/CubeCart-4.3.3/ini.inc.php on line 243

So line 243 is the last line in ini.inc.php, is it missing something or is it suppose to refer to another file that isn't there. I've tried uploading it in different ways. I've even created a folder and ran a PHP tool to unzip the file directly on the server, and that didn't work.

btw: I ran the cubecart compatibility and that pages shows up telling me that the my webserver is compatible to have 4.3.3 installed.

Any ideas?

A recent version upgrade of CubeCart (cant remember which one off the top of my head) introduced the usage of the the filter_var() function which should come as standard in php > 5.2.0 which is all that the CubeCart compatibility test is checking for. However many hosting companies are not installing the PECL Filter extension as part of their distribution which is why you get this error. There is nothing you can do yourself to get around this error other than ask them to install it. Some will do it, although many wont in which case you wont be able to run CubeCart with that hosting company. It isnt just a CubeCart issue though as quite a few other applications are also starting to use this function

Regards

Ian

Guest Kamil Sarji

I'm looking at my php.ini Where is the PECL extension?

display_errors = Off

allow_call_time_pass_reference = Off ; Code cleanliness

magic_quotes_gpc = Off ; Performance

output_buffering = 4096 ; Performance

register_argc_argv = Off ; Performance

register_globals = Off ; Security, Performance [default]

register_long_arrays = Off ; Performance

variables_order = "GPCS" ; Performance

zlib.output_compression = On ; Performance

allow_url_fopen = Off

allow_url_include = Off

cgi.fix_pathinfo = 1

error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_STRICT

fastcgi.log = 0

max_execution_time = 15

max_input_time = 60

memory_limit = 32M

safe_mode_exec_dir =

upload_max_filesize = 10M

url_rewriter.tags = "a=href,area=href,frame=src,input=src,form=fakeentry"

;include_path = ".:/usr/local/share/pear"

[session]

session.bug_compat_42 = 0

session.gc_divisor = 1000

session.hash_bits_per_character = 5

;[eaccelerator] ; *broken* (does not cope well with PHP5 yet)

;;extension="eaccelerator.so" ; [Performance]

;eaccelerator.cache_dir="/tmp"

;eaccelerator.shm_size="4"

;eaccelerator.shm_only="1"

zend_extension="/usr/local/lib/php/20060613/ioncube_loader_fre_5.2.so"

extension=ctype.so

; extension=xslt.so

extension=mysql.so

extension=pcre.so

extension=posix.so

extension=session.so

extension=tokenizer.so

extension=xml.so

extension=zlib.so

;extension=simplexml.so

;extension=spl.so

;extension=sqlite.so

ioncube_loader_fre_5.2.so

extension=curl.so

; extension=ftp.so

extension=gd.so

;extension=gettext.so

;extension=iconv.so

; extension=imap.so

;extension=mbstring.so

extension=mcrypt.so

;extension=mhash.so

;extension=openssl.so

;extension=sockets.so

;extension=dom.so

;extension=xsl.so

;extension=json.so

;extension=mysqli.so

extension=pdo.so

;extension=pdo_mysql.so

;extension=pdo_sqlite.so

Guest Kamil Sarji

They told me that they do have it installed and then referred me to the comp-test.php that says that CubeCart 4.3.3 is compatible with my hosting site. What should the extension= say to have PECL enabled?

Also this be a simple thing as i'm uploading corrupt files?

Thank you for responding.

-Kamil

I've even created a folder and ran a PHP tool to unzip the file directly on the server, and that didn't work.

sonnerie portable gratuite

Please see the answers that I have already given in this thread - it isnt going to change no matter how many times or how many different ways people ask the question- this is NOT a CubeCart problem. The server that you are trying to run CubeCart on does not have the filer extension installed or enabled