Change the tiny little product options text area in v4.x.x

kinetic

In v4.x.x in the ADMIN customers orders screen have you noticed that the product options field is tiny? 30col wide 1 row tall???? wtf? OMG

and it carries a couple of tab spaces as well??? wth?

You can easily miss if a customer has product options because of this

I aint here to complain or whine Ive done that to Al already and got no satisfactory answer...

so heres the fix:

Open admin/sources/orders/orderBuilder.inc.php

FIND:

<textarea name="product_options[<?php echo $i; ?>]" cols="30" rows="1" class="textbox">

<?php

//echo stripslashes(str_replace("&amp;#39;","'",$orderInv[$i]['product_options'])); 

echo str_replace('&amp;','&',$orderInv[$i]['product_options']);

?>

</textarea>

REPLACE WITH:

<textarea name="product_options[<?php echo $i; ?>]" cols="30" rows="15" wrap="physical" class="textbox"><?php echo str_replace('&amp;','&',$orderInv[$i]['product_options']); ?></textarea>

this will give the product options text area in the admin customers order screen a textarea you can actually read from 15 rows tall and all extra tabs removed and it is set to wrap="PHYSICAL"

which means data that had line returns will have that data's line returns PRESERVED so it doesnt just run on

a simple thing but makes our life easier

THIS stuff should be standard in the download package.... seeing how this is probably the MOST important screen we use as admins on our stores....

;)

• 1 month later...

Guest voodoo1967

Thank you for this (but you shouldnt have to tweak code for paid for software

- THIS SHOULD BE STANDARD FOR GOD SAKE , so far this week I have tried actinic (not suitable) , JSHOP - not suitable, Magento - too fiddly , OSCommerce and ZenCart - forget it , Prestashop - brilliant but has issues with product combinations.

So CubeCart was my last option - all fine - but this option box issue - I mean come on - this is paid for software , not schoolboy ecommerce , cubecart developers - sort it out - at the moment my money is still in my pocket re paying for this.