Cube Cart Processing Error, but Payment Processed

Guest Scott Hinds

Guest Scott Hinds

User adds items to cart, checks out, and enters payment details. If they pay by Credit Card, when they enter that information ie Number, Expiry and CSV code, they hit submit and sometimes get an error. It doesn't say what the error is, but every time I've encountered this, I log in to the payment gateway and find that the transaction WAS in fact successful.

If they submit again, they get the error again instead of a success page, and the payment goes through AGAIN. Now I have put a 20 minute timer on such successive transactions to protect my clients from multiple charges and me from having to go back and reverse charges.

Let me know what kind of information you need to help me resolve this

Jul 06 2009, 10:45 AM	  Nmi	  N/A	  Fatal Error	  1500.00	  An error occured. -

This edit was to add details from the Transaction Log, as you can see, 'An Error Occurred. -' and it doesn't specify what the error is.

Guest Scott Hinds

Hi Scott

An idea of what payment gateway you are using would help ! Is this browser specific, card or time of day specific ?

Ian

We are using Network Merchants Gateway, the time of day could be possible, but the error is intermittent, and not yet repeatable.

Hi Scott

An idea of what payment gateway you are using would help ! Is this browser specific, card or time of day specific ?

Ian

We are using Network Merchants Gateway, the time of day could be possible, but the error is intermittent, and not yet repeatable.

So not a standard CubeCart payment gateway then ? Where did you buy this one from and why not go back to them for support ? This is not a commonly used gateway with CubeCart and a quick search doesnt turn up much information on it at all - I guess it is down to poor coding within the gateway code.

Guest Scott Hinds

Hi Scott

Ian

So not a standard CubeCart payment gateway then ? Where did you buy this one from and why not go back to them for support ? This is not a commonly used gateway with CubeCart and a quick search doesnt turn up much information on it at all - I guess it is down to poor coding within the gateway code.

I did check with them, it does not help that Cubecart doesn't report an Error code. As I mentioned, the transaction goes through no matter what (provided everything is valid).

I did check with them, it does not help that Cubecart doesn't report an Error code. As I mentioned, the transaction goes through no matter what (provided everything is valid).

And you will probably find that the error code (or lack of it) is down to their code as well. You said you checked with them - what did they have to say. Neither the software authors or anybody on here is going to be able to help much, if at all, as it is custom code. You have to get the mod authors to sort this out and if they are unwilling then find an independant programmer who would be willing to look at it

Ian

Guest Scott Hinds

And you will probably find that the error code (or lack of it) is down to their code as well. You said you checked with them - what did they have to say. Neither the software authors or anybody on here is going to be able to help much, if at all, as it is custom code. You have to get the mod authors to sort this out and if they are unwilling then find an independant programmer who would be willing to look at it

Ian

What's the opposite of fabulous? Ian thank you for the replies, we're having some issues with our Cubecart deployment and it is very helpful to be able to note the source of the issue. The user guide they provided was not as thorough as we would like to see, so I have another call into them today and hope it will be all fixed up soon!

What's the opposite of fabulous? Ian thank you for the replies, we're having some issues with our Cubecart deployment and it is very helpful to be able to note the source of the issue. The user guide they provided was not as thorough as we would like to see, so I have another call into them today and hope it will be all fixed up soon!

Hi Scott - I can think of quite a few ! I hope you do get it sorted out as it is very frustrating getting this sort of error. Good luck !