Search Engine Ratings

Guest Motor Control Warehouse

hi, i am new to using cube cart, as part of my new job i am currently taking charge of two websites, i am just wondering is it possable to add certain information in the product title or description (using cube car, version 4) so that when searches are made, in say google, the products on our website are pushed up the search results?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

sean

hi, i am new to using cube cart, as part of my new job i am currently taking charge of two websites, i am just wondering is it possable to add certain information in the product title or description (using cube car, version 4) so that when searches are made, in say google, the products on our website are pushed up the search results?

thanks

sean

Hi Sean

You should certainly turn on SEO friendly url's, use the Apache rewrite rule (if you are on Linux and it is supported) then remember to make the changes to the .htaccess file as shown and finally choose combine with global meta data and chosse the category > sub category > product format.

That is a good start, after that it is all about the normal SEO practices - good page content, writing great page titles and descriptions and to a much lesser extent keywords. This is where the trick to SEO is to be found. The way CubeCart works for SEO purpoases is better than almost all other carts but you still need to do the work after that. It is possible to get great rankings though !

Ian

thanks

sean

Hi Sean

You should certainly turn on SEO friendly url's, use the Apache rewrite rule (if you are on Linux and it is supported) then remember to make the changes to the .htaccess file as shown and finally choose combine with global meta data and chosse the category > sub category > product format.

That is a good start, after that it is all about the normal SEO practices - good page content, writing great page titles and descriptions and to a much lesser extent keywords. This is where the trick to SEO is to be found. The way CubeCart works for SEO purpoases is better than almost all other carts but you still need to do the work after that. It is possible to get great rankings though !

Ian

ok thanks very much for the help i will give it a go and hopefully it will help a great deal.

thanks

sean