Owned by Serv-H

Guest kathysshowtack

Guest kathysshowtack

When i went to my web site today this is what I see Owned by Serv-H I tryed to contack my host and this is what he told me

Scripts like forums, guestbooks, and content management systems must be kept updated at all times. The more popular the script, the more likely it will be hacked if not kept updated. Vulnerabilities are constantly found in perl and php scripts and the only two ways to close these vulnerabilities is to either 1) delete/disable the script or 2) upgrade the script.

You did not keep all scripts within your web space up-to-date on a daily basis. Your shopping cart script is old and vulernable and has been hacked.

1. Delete all files within your account

2. Delete all mysql databases

3. Set everything up with a fresh install

If you don't want to start over, contact the authors of your script for help in repairing that scripts files and database.

I am not running an old cart or script I have the newest one 4.3.3

As I am not a web site pro, until today I did know how to get to my web site and add products and use most of the Mods I have installed so it is not quite clear to me of just what I have to do to get my site back up and running can any one help me with this problem I am willing to pay for help

thanks Kathy

Hi Kathy

If you are running the latest version as you say then you should tell them that and also tell them that there are no known vulnerabilities in the standard code. It is possible that the permissions on the directories werent set correctly when it was installed but it is much more likely to be that :

1) They have a problem on their server - which host is it as they dont appear to be being very helpful as this is obviously just a stock answer to get rid of you.

or

2) One of the mods that was installed has a vulnerability that has been exploited.

Might be able to help if you can provide details of the domain and mods that have been installed

regards

Ian

Guest Brivtech

Kathy, are you running any other software on the web server, and do you have any modifications to CuebCart at all?

Also, your web host should keep regular backups - Have you asked them if they can roll back the server files to a previous backup to eliminate the hacking damage.

While we could speculate on the causes, the fact is you need to repair what has been done.