A few things which bug me about Cubecart

I think the cubecart is great software, but there are a couple of things which really bug me...

1, I cannot use dots "." in the product number,

2, The filter doesnt remain in the same place when viewing products.

3, Is it possible to add attachment/download to a particular product? I would like to include a brief brochure with some products.

#2 - If I set a filter and im working in that catagory, I would like it to remain there when im viewing products until I click reset.

Anyone have any comments on the above?

Guest Roger Huston

I think the cubecart is great software, but there are a couple of things which really bug me...

3, Is it possible to add attachment/download to a particular product? I would like to include a brief brochure with some products.

#2 - If I set a filter and im working in that catagory, I would like it to remain there when im viewing products until I click reset.

1. I agree, it also removes spaces. I found that if you upload the products via a datafeed you can get around this problem, just don't edit the product afterwards using the FCK editor. Many CubeCart owners sell product lines from manufactures and we need the flexibility to use the manufacturers scheme without restructions.

2. Hmm, haven't noticed this, but it seems logical. I think the problem is the way cubecart is divided, as long as you are on a category page it should stay, but as soon as you move off and away from the category pages, that value is not saved. Perhaps we can save it in a session variable. I have added a variable to the basket, but this one should probably have its own setting. I will look at it for my cart and let you know what I come up with. It won't be this week, I have too much else to do this week.

3. Sure, we do it for every product. Just use your product description field. Yes, you could probably add another field to the basket. There are mods out there that allow you to 4 or unlimited fields to the basket, then you could use that for a link, but you can just use your product descriptions too.

- Roger

Guest Roger Huston

Hi John,

Where abouts in the product description can I upload an attachment? Im struggling to find this icon.

Thanks in advance.

1. Upload your attachments to your store. If they are .pdf files you can create a /pdf directory on your server and upload them. I do not recommend uploading them to your /images/upload directory as non image files can mess up the thumbnails screen.

2. In your product description, create a simple link in your description <a href=/pdf/my.pdf>My PDF File</a> in your description.

We have .pdf instructions for all of our products, along with Federal checklists and we do this for all products. There is not a built in facility for doing this.

- Roger

It's a cheat to get around number 2 above but instead of clicking as normal, right click on teh product you want to work and then open in a new window. Once completed, you can then close that window leaving the original window with the filetr in place. Not very elegant but it works !

Ian

Guest ppc229w

Item 2

make changes to your product

when you click edit product it will take you to the default product page ie page 1

then just click back twice, first click takes you back into the product you just edited but has been sent to the database

then click again and the last product you updated is highlighted on the edit button.

very easy if your mouse has got a back/forward buttons

easy!