Cubecart 4 vs X-Cart Golg vs PrestaShop

Guest prashantgeorge

Guest prashantgeorge

Hi,

I had used Cubecart 3 for a couple of sites few years back. Currently i have a new requirement and was pondering over whether to stick with Cubecart or move to some other product like X-cart, Prestashop or Magento community Edition. It would be great if someone can point me to the advantages of using Cubecart 4 compared to X-Cart, Prestashop or Magento. Thanks.

Hi,

I had used Cubecart 3 for a couple of sites few years back. Currently i have a new requirement and was pondering over whether to stick with Cubecart or move to some other product like X-cart, Prestashop or Magento community Edition. It would be great if someone can point me to the advantages of using Cubecart 4 compared to X-Cart, Prestashop or Magento. Thanks.

Your best comparison is to try/demo the other carts.

Guest prashantgeorge

Hi,

Your best comparison is to try/demo the other carts.

You are right... but am hard pressed for time.... lemme see if i can compare cubecart and xcart gold shop. though it would amke it a lot easier if someone can tell me which is easier to skin.

• 3 months later...
Guest leslie_30

I agree that best way to see what's better for your business is to give a try to each of the shopping carts. Even if you're short of time you may regret your choice and have to switch to different shopping cart later on. I say if you need to move your data you can try cart2cart service (just google it) and your data will be totally safe

I don't think its realistic to try all the systems on the market, and then have to pay extra to migrate data.

It would be better to plan how your store needs to work, and so writing a list of features/essential requirements.

Once you've got this list, then use that as a top-level basis for a shortlist of carts.

This is all part of running a business- evaluating suppliers/services. Simply starting with one, and then deciding to jump onto another is not wise.

Ultimately, the shopping cart is a business tool. Not many will be 100% perfect fit, as we all have different requirements.

My advice would be to step back, and spend time on serious evaluation and get it right first time.

Jason