Automatic Emails, Editing Thank You Page and Quick Checkout

Pinksquid

Hi

I am new to this cart and am only just getting to grips with some of the admin stuff whilst waiting for a new skin etc to be installed.

I wonder if I can ask a few things please as I am looking all over admin, including the language files, but as nothing is leaping out at me I'm too afraid to start meddling in case I mess something up :yeahhh: (I'm sure I'll get over it).

I am using V4

Anyway the intitial things I cannot seem to find out are:

1) How to edit the wording on the 'thank you' page that customers get after payment.

2) Do they get an automated confirmation email and if so how do I edit the wording if need be? I didn't receive one when testing so not if I should have?

3) I cannot see any 'order status' next to an order e.g. pending and shipped. Is that a facility?

4) Is there a way of sending an automatic email once their item has been shipped?

5) I do not want my customers to have to register before buying, how do I set that up?

Hopefully soemone who has a better understanding of all this can help.

Thanks you in advance.

Hi

Hopfully I can help you a little.....

1) To change the wording on the Thank You page, go to Admin Panel>Languages>YOUR LANG eg. en>Front End Phrases>Content>Order Confirmation Success/Fail Page and edit the relevant template.

2) Yes, customers should get a confirmation email. These are edited in Admin Panel>Languages>YOUR LANG eg. en>Email Templates. Here you will find templates for order acknowledgment, order breakdown, payment confirmation etc.

3) You should see the order staus, in the Orders section in your Admin panel. e.g. Cancelled or Pending.

4) You would probably have to manually send a confirmation email once the item has been shipped, as far as I know.

5) Customers do not need to register before buying. I know this is a feature in CC 4.3 but not sure if it is in previous versions.

I am by no means an expert on this but have customised my cart quite a bit so if theres anyone a little more experienced with the cart please right my wrongs!!

Best wishes and good luck....

Thanks for replying.

I suppose we will have to play around a little more to try and sort this all out.

It's a bit of a blow not having 'order shipped' as one ot the satus levels, so that we can just click on that and it sends an email out. Maybe there is a mod? I'll hunt around.

Thanks again.

If you go into the Admin Panel and click on the orders tab where you can see your orders and click on edit. Under status there is a drop-down and there is a 'Orders Completed & Dispatched' option that you may have to change manually. I am still customising my store and not sure if this is normal practise as I haven't taken any orders as yet. There could be a mod out there to do this automatically, I haven't looked.