View PDFs in file manager

Guest jrod101

Guest jrod101

I've posted this question before but I don't think I made my question clear.

The problem I'm having is while editing / creating a site document and I want to add a link to a pdf file I've uploaded. While in the wysiwyg editor I hit the "insert / edit link" button, then I click "Browse Server". On the file list that comes up, none of my PDF files are listed.

I can choose to upload the file again, but this seems backwards to me. Is there anyway to have PDF show up in the file manager?

Thanks

Jarrod

Hi

Ok i think ive got it.

When you create the link and click Insert/Edit Link and the box appears, click the Upload tab. Browse to your PDF and click the 'send it to the server'. Then it should have filled in the link address for you. Click OK.

I do know what you mean about not seeing the PDF in the file manager but I tried uploading the same PDF again and it renamed it.....blah(1).pdf, so it is there. You can find whats in the manager by viewing the /store/images/uploads folder with your FTP client. I uploaded the same PDF 3 times and all 3 were in there, although they didn't show when I 'Browsed the Server'.

Good luck