Admin and login stopped working

Guest chinclub

Guest chinclub

I have had cubecart installed on my site for over a year. I noticed yesterday that the admin and login no longer work. I get this message:

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

The only thing I can think of that has happened is last month I was having trouble with an unrelated script in a different directory of my site. Tech support was trying to help and without asking ran a program that changed ALL files on my entire site to permissions rwxr-xr-x

I installed cubecart via Fantastico and today I tried to upgrade to the newest version available through it (3.0.17) hoping it would fix the error. The upgrade was successful but login and admin still do not work.

Any suggestions?

Lets start with standard support answer #7b: Clear your browser Cache and Cookies related to your domain.

If that doesn't fix it, then verify that the variables in /includes/global.inc.php are correct.

If that doesn't fix it, examine the contents of .htaccess to determine what, if any URL rewrite rules are present.

If that doesn't fix it, determine if your store has activated SSL for those pages that would use it (login, admin, etc).

If so, go to the download section of the CC web site and get EDITCONF. You will use it to examine/edit the secure URLs stored in the Admin Config section.

Please report back with your findings.

• 1 year later...

Lets start with standard support answer #7b: Clear your browser Cache and Cookies related to your domain.

If that doesn't fix it, then verify that the variables in /includes/global.inc.php are correct.

If that doesn't fix it, examine the contents of .htaccess to determine what, if any URL rewrite rules are present.

If that doesn't fix it, determine if your store has activated SSL for those pages that would use it (login, admin, etc).

If so, go to the download section of the CC web site and get EDITCONF. You will use it to examine/edit the secure URLs stored in the Admin Config section.

Please report back with your findings.

Hi! I have a similar problem, although no changes have been made to the site or the server. I am on vs. 3.0.15. The admin login simply stopped working... the message is "Login Failed". It worked correctly 3 days ago. I just created a test user account, and can login and logout perfectly as a simple registered user.

I reset the admin password, tried the new one and it still fails. I have cleared my browser cache and cookies, checked the global.inc.php pathways and the .htaccess file, clearing the cache each time. I downloaded and used the editconf.php file, and everything is set correctly. I even tried turning the SSL off and back on again, no luck.

I am at a TOTAL loss of how to proceed! I have spent a full day in the forums reading and tried everything, to no avail. Do you have any other suggestions that I could try?? My client is going nuts, and I don't know what else to try. ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Can you FTP into the site? If so, see if the /admin/index.php or /admin/login.php files have had their filedates changed to something more recent.

If not, then visit your database and look in the table CubeCart_admin_sessions. Sort the table by time. Do you see your failed logins at the end of the list?

Are there 250 records? (Probably.) Delete the earliest of the records, leaving, oh, say, 25 of the latest records.

Now try to login.

When you reset the admin password, how exactly did you go about doing that?

I will check to see if there were any admin login issues that were dealt with between versions .15 and .20.