currency set to GBP but coming to paypal as USD

Guest MK5 Limited

Guest MK5 Limited

Morning guys n gals,

Looking for some guidance here, we had our first order through cubecart, customer paid £21. However, it came through to Paypal as $21 about £11. All the currencies are set to GBP, as is the default currency.

Can anyone help?

Guest MK5 Limited

Morning guys n gals,

Looking for some guidance here, we had our first order through cubecart, customer paid £21. However, it came through to Paypal as $21 about £11. All the currencies are set to GBP, as is the default currency.

Can anyone help?

Anyone offer assistance?

Morning guys n gals,

Can anyone help?

Anyone offer assistance?

Is your country configured correctly in Cubecart.. not sure if there is anything on Paypal

Guest MK5 Limited

Morning guys n gals,

Can anyone help?

Anyone offer assistance?

Is your country configured correctly in Cubecart.. not sure if there is anything on Paypal

Sure is, UK and the county.

Morning guys n gals,

Can anyone help?

Anyone offer assistance?

Sure is, UK and the county.

A long shot then.

In Currency.. ensure that your symbol is set for £ and that the value is 1.00.

As an experiment, ensure that you have no other currencies enabled.

In genral Settings/ Locale Settings. ensure you are configured for UK Pounds.

I have 4 cubecarts, plus 2 experimental ones, and not seen this issue, so providing you don't have any mods installed, I'd presume that this is a simple config error.

Well never say never !!

It happened to me today.

I've found there is a setting in Paypal, where you can tell paypal to either accept foreign payments, ask, or accept but convert to your currency first.