Returning Customer gets Same Order #

Guest sheister

Guest sheister

Hello,

I am having a problem. When a customer places a second order different from the first, they get the previous order # and not a new one. Further the second order replaces the first in the Admin/Orders Screen. If the customer waits a while and then places another order they get a new order #. This is causing paypal to display "this order has already been paid please contact the merchant" I have Cube Cart #3 with Estelles Mods Quick Edit Product Options, and Text Input Fields, which both appear to be working perfectly but this problem didnt occur before I installed these mods. Any assistance would be appreciated.

This can happen when the status of the 1st order isn't changed from pending to processing.

I believe that the status is changed automatically, when the customer returns from the payment gateway.

So for example, if a customer decides to close his broswer after payment, then your order status will remain in pending.

I also believe if you change it manually from pending to processing, this doesn't make any difference.

The change has to be an automated change.

Guest sheister

This can happen when the status of the 1st order isn't changed from pending to processing.

I believe that the status is changed automatically, when the customer returns from the payment gateway.

So for example, if a customer decides to close his broswer after payment, then your order status will remain in pending.

I also believe if you change it manually from pending to processing, this doesn't make any difference.

Hello thanks for your reply. Its not changing automatically even when the order is paid. Furher if the customer places another order it deletes the first and replaces it with the new order but with the same order #.

Guest sheister

Hello thanks for your reply. Its not changing automatically even when the order is paid. Furher if the customer places another order it deletes the first and replaces it with the new order but with the same order #.

After about 2 weeks with this issue and trying a multitude of "fixes" posted here. The problem was with how my IPN was set up. I was completely at my witts end and just finished shopping for different shopping cart software. Looked into about 30 diff options that didnt serve my needs as well as cube cart had up to the point of this issue. Browsed Estelles Mod store because I knew she was selling some pay pal gateway mods and in desperation thought they might somehow correct my issues. Well she posted a link to IPN set up instructions. Figuring I had nothing to loose after following many others advice with IPN settings, I gave it a go. And for the first time I received an ORDER SUCCESS return to my cart with the basket empty. Most of time I would get order failed or No payment variable set. Reloading the cart would still have the same contents in it even though the payment went through. I have replicated the success twice however in the second attempt I got the dreaded Order Failed response, but I refreshed the page and it changed to order success! It seems there may be some lag between cubecart and PayPal. Order emails work perfectly and orders show up in admin screen uniquely and the status is processing!

Thanks to Estelle for posting the instructions they have for now, resolved my IPN Issues.

Heres The Link the instructions I followed.

http://cubecart.expandingbrain.com/free/Pa..._by_Estelle.txt