barclays epdq

Guest Securonic

Guest Securonic

Hi all!

hope someone can help me with this as i am starting to pull my hair out a little. i have signed up to use the barclays epdq service which i am using along with the cpi module designed to communicate between the pdq service and cubecart. all seems to work fine when an item is purchased through the basket and payed for through the barclays cpi. the problen occures when the cpi uses the post URL to issue data about the transaction back to cubecart to report that the payment went through. what i get is a 'payment failed please retry' page. but when i check the barclays service i can see the payment has gone through ok. this would obviously cause problems if payment is shown to fail to the customer when in fact it has gone through. the probelm seems to lye with accessing the post url which requires a username and password. it would seem that whatever or however simple a password i use, i am unable to log into it. so when the barclays cpi trys to hand back info through this post url it is unable to log onto the server and just times out. i am gussing this is why i get the payment failed page once the page reloads. the cubecart support team seem to think the server is looking for a .password file. here is the email reply

Yes correct it doesn't work on our site. Please ask your host about this as this code should work but doesn't, seems like servers is looking for the .password file.

if ($_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_USER'] == "admin" && $_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_PW'] == "admin") {

echo "OK";

} else {

header('WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm="Payment"');

header('HTTP/1.0 401 Unauthorized');

}

if anyone can shed some light on this it would be a great help to me.

many thanks

• 1 month later...

I have this payment gateway module for a couple of clients and the lack of installation / configuration instructions made it very difficult to get working. The gateway mod author was fairly helpful initially butnow seems to have completely disappeared and isnt answering any tickets or emails. I had this same problem with the password but the gateway mod wont work if you add directory user validation even thought that is what the Barclays CPI says is needed. In your CPI Admin screen enter the correct POST back directory and enter any old username and password but then dont create an .htpasswd file in that directory

regards

Ian

Hi all!

hope someone can help me with this as i am starting to pull my hair out a little. i have signed up to use the barclays epdq service which i am using along with the cpi module designed to communicate between the pdq service and cubecart. all seems to work fine when an item is purchased through the basket and payed for through the barclays cpi. the problen occures when the cpi uses the post URL to issue data about the transaction back to cubecart to report that the payment went through. what i get is a 'payment failed please retry' page. but when i check the barclays service i can see the payment has gone through ok. this would obviously cause problems if payment is shown to fail to the customer when in fact it has gone through. the probelm seems to lye with accessing the post url which requires a username and password. it would seem that whatever or however simple a password i use, i am unable to log into it. so when the barclays cpi trys to hand back info through this post url it is unable to log onto the server and just times out. i am gussing this is why i get the payment failed page once the page reloads. the cubecart support team seem to think the server is looking for a .password file. here is the email reply

Yes correct it doesn't work on our site. Please ask your host about this as this code should work but doesn't, seems like servers is looking for the .password file.

if ($_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_USER'] == "admin" && $_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_PW'] == "admin") {

echo "OK";

} else {

header('WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm="Payment"');

header('HTTP/1.0 401 Unauthorized');

}

if anyone can shed some light on this it would be a great help to me.

many thanks