A little help with css please

Guest 111 web solutions

Guest 111 web solutions

I am just working on a store for one of my customers and have a couple of css queries.

Categories sub menu - On the first sub branch of categories the text runs below the background, is it possible to make that white background wider.

Text - My fault probably for using a dark background but some text appears black on black. If you go into a product or site document you will see what i mean.

I have changed the text colour to white but then the prices change to white against a white background as well

website is http://www.plumbnet-uk.com/store

Any suggestions welcomed.

Check out the skinning guide in CubeCartForums.org

This has a fairly good explanation of the skin system. You can override CSS classes with your own, or simply tweak the skin file.

If the whole CSS stuff is too much, then you can hire someone to take on this part of the project.

Guest 111 web solutions

Check out the skinning guide in CubeCartForums.org

This has a fairly good explanation of the skin system. You can override CSS classes with your own, or simply tweak the skin file.

If the whole CSS stuff is too much, then you can hire someone to take on this part of the project.

Thanks

I was assuming I would need to create a different class to seperate the two. Whilst I can create the different class, I have absolutely no idea how to implement it on the store, except I am guessing it involves altering a tpl sheet.

I will have a wander over to the other place and do as you suggested.

Hi

If it is the white background after clicking the 'Glass' link, where the subcategories are, you need to change the height on your .subCat style in your layout.css to 70px, or to whatever value you choose. Also, to stop the top of the white box overlapping where it says 'glass', put 10px of margin-top on the style .subCats. They are 2 different styles .subCat and .subCats.

As for the text, I'm not too sure where you mean with the black on black...

Lee

Guest 111 web solutions

Hi

If it is the white background after clicking the 'Glass' link, where the subcategories are, you need to change the height on your .subCat style in your layout.css to 70px, or to whatever value you choose. Also, to stop the top of the white box overlapping where it says 'glass', put 10px of margin-top on the style .subCats. They are 2 different styles .subCat and .subCats.

As for the text, I'm not too sure where you mean with the black on black...

Lee

Thanks for that. I ended up paying for someone to fix all the errors I had, and am happy with the outcome. I will keep your reference though, it will help me with future implementations.

The black on black you will have seen as red text, because I changed it temporarily. It was originally black text against very dark background. If i changed it to white I lost the prices of the products in sub categories and on the checkout page, because they are a white background. The issue has now been resolved.