Upgrade to CC4 and keep SEO urls

I’m running CC3.0.15 and want to upgrade to the newest stable CC version because of slow site load. The slow site is because of the SEO mod(by rukshanf) I have for my store. I have 3000 products in my DB (still growing) I have heard that the CC4 are included SEO modul and should be a lot better regarding the site load. Any comment?

My question is then what I do with my SEO urls? I need them to be exact the same so google can find the pages. Can this be done? And how?

Slow site is the only thing why I want to update. I have a lot of mods and it will be a lot of work. So if anything els can help on the problem, I would be glad. In the ping test you can see that there is a load on 4.8 sec(think that’s a long time) before the site even starts loading. See the ping result here:

http://tools.pingdom.com/?url=www.hardware...0&save=true

Any comments is velcome.

Thanks,

I can't comment on the page load times. It should be faster due to the way the SQL queries are cached (providing any mods also use the caching system...)

Getting the same SEO URLS may be trickier. The URL format is;

http://domain/categoryname/productname_xxxx.html

The "xxxx" is the productID (primary key) in the inventory table on the Database. This field is autoincrement - and so you'll either need to change the field and import the products (overwriting the productID), or change the starting value to match the product ID on your CC3.

Either way- its gonna need some work in PhpMyAdmin.....

Best way forward;

Clone your existing CC3 site into a subdomain on your hosting (ensure you have a new database for this install!)

Then once, its all running ok, run a CC4 upgrade, and then compare product ID's (or SEO urls).

Jason