Newbie to CC would like some help with ePDQ

Guest Gavin Jones

Guest Gavin Jones

Hi,

I have got my CubeCart 4.0 store how I would like it and now I am working on the payment gateway.

My customer has signed up for an ePDQ service and I wondered if someone has any configuration steps or guidelines that they can share with me, I am new to CubeCart and ePDQ and struggling a little.

I have enabled the ePDQ module within CC, configured the client ID and passphrase. I have also logged onto the CPI administration tool and added in the username, password, passphrase and copied and pasted the CC 4.0 allowed URL and POST URL.

On the CC configuration settings, as a test I set the mode to testing and the charge type to preauth but when I put a test transaction through, I get an error saying "unable to read configuration file".

I have some questions regarding the settings below:

Client ID:*

User name: Should this be the username and password that was created in the administration page with CPI access?

Password:*

Pass-phrase: I presume this needs to be the same on both systems?

Allowed URL:*

Continue Option 1:** Yes No

Continue Option 2:** Yes No

Continue Option 3:** Yes No

POST Order result:* Yes No

POST URL:

POST User name: Where do I get this or add it in? Is this a username that I need to configure on the site that is allowed access to a specific file or directory?

POST Password:

POST Email:

Thanks

Gavin

Hi Gavin

Even as an experienced CubeCart user and somebody who supports many CubeCart stores for customers, I too struggled with this for a while before getting it "mostly" working. It isnt the clearest system to use both at the bank end and also within the CubeCart module (you're using the Barclays mod that you purchased presumably - I had great support initially from the author of this but he hasnt answered and questions for many weeks now and seems to have completely disappeared)

Within the CPI administration side you need to have the following settings :

Client ID: - This is usually a 5 digit number

User name: Yes, this is the username and password that was created in the administration page specifically for CPI access?

Pass-phrase: Yes this needs to be the same on both systems - you can choose what you want

Allowed URL:* This needs to be something like https://www.yourdomainname.com/modules/gate...s_ePDQ/jump.php

Continue Option 1:** Yes No - Set to No

Continue Option 2:** Yes No - Set to No

Continue Option 3:** Yes No - Set to No

POST Order result:* Yes No - Set to Yes

POST URL: This needs to be set to something like http://www.irrigationuk.com/index.php?_g=r...e=Barclays_ePDQ

POST User name: This is very confusing as Barclays say it is mandatory but the module doesnt work if you set up directory level protection - just enter anything into here

POST Password: This can be left blank or a dummy entry made if required

POST Email: This is the email address that you would like payment notifications set to

I also had that error message for a while but cannot remember if it was solved by sorting out the correct parameters above or on one of the many phone calls to the Barclays support team who are very helpful

My client is now successfully taking card payments using this system but the transaction log details are never updated with the amount of the payment and have had no response to support tickets that I have placed

Hopefully, this will get you as far as placing orders. One thing I would say is that I have always found it best from testing purposes to close your store so nobody externally can access it but then put the payment system into live mode and do your tests that way - it is easy to refund a transaction if successfully processed

Regards

Ian

Hi,

I have got my CubeCart 4.0 store how I would like it and now I am working on the payment gateway.

My customer has signed up for an ePDQ service and I wondered if someone has any configuration steps or guidelines that they can share with me, I am new to CubeCart and ePDQ and struggling a little.

I have enabled the ePDQ module within CC, configured the client ID and passphrase. I have also logged onto the CPI administration tool and added in the username, password, passphrase and copied and pasted the CC 4.0 allowed URL and POST URL.

On the CC configuration settings, as a test I set the mode to testing and the charge type to preauth but when I put a test transaction through, I get an error saying "unable to read configuration file".

I have some questions regarding the settings below:

Client ID:*

User name: Should this be the username and password that was created in the administration page with CPI access?

Pass-phrase: I presume this needs to be the same on both systems?

Allowed URL:*

Continue Option 1:** Yes No

Continue Option 2:** Yes No

Continue Option 3:** Yes No

POST Order result:* Yes No

POST URL:

POST User name: Where do I get this or add it in? Is this a username that I need to configure on the site that is allowed access to a specific file or directory?

POST Password:

POST Email:

Thanks

Gavin

Guest Gavin Jones

Hi,

The payments are going through now the problem was that I had the system configured in Test mode (I am used to doing this with WorldPay) and according to Barclaycard this was successful but when the page loads up on the cart it says:

"Sorry, your order failed!

You can attempt to purchase your basket contents again below:"

Looking at the Admin interface, the transaction is there?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Gavin

Hi Gavin

Have you entered anything into the Prefix Order field within the payment gateway setup on CubeCart - if so this needs to be blank.

regards

Ian

Hi,

The payments are going through now the problem was that I had the system configured in Test mode (I am used to doing this with WorldPay) and according to Barclaycard this was successful but when the page loads up on the cart it says:

Any ideas?

Thanks

Gavin

Guest Gavin Jones

Hi Gavin

Have you entered anything into the Prefix Order field within the payment gateway setup on CubeCart - if so this needs to be blank.

regards

Ian

Hi,

Any ideas?

Thanks

Gavin

Hi,

I have attached the settings within the Payment Module.

If you could have a look and let me know what you think.

Thanks

Gavin

As far as I can see it all looks OK although you seem to have a different version of the software than I am running so that could explain the different issues that you and I are having.

I have tried several times to log a ticket and get hold of via email, the software authors but have got no response from them but I would suggest that this has to be your next course of action. I have pretty much exhausted by knowledge of this and as all the files are encoded cannot look at the code to even fix my own issue

Good luck and let me know how you get on, especially if you manage to get hold of them

Ian

Hi Gavin

regards

Ian

Hi,

Any ideas?

Thanks

Gavin

Hi,

I have attached the settings within the Payment Module.

If you could have a look and let me know what you think.

Thanks

Gavin

• 7 months later...

Has anyone solved this?

I'm using the same mod as Gavin

ePDQ-1.0

I've applied the same settings as Ian suggested:

Client ID: given by Barclays

User name: username to access epdq admin

Password: password to access epdq admin

Pass-phrase: made up and not more than 16 characters

Allowed URL: http://www....../modules/gateway/ePDQ/jump.php

Continue Option 1: No

Continue Option 2: No

Continue Option 3: No

POST Order result: Yes

POST URL: http://www....../index.php?_g=rm&type=gateway&cmd=call&module=ePDQ

POST User name: set in epdq, but not in CC4 admin

POST Password: set in epdq, but not in CC4 admin

POST Email: CC4 admin email

Directory has no .htpasswd or .htaccess.

Still getting an error related to post.

Should any of the files permissions be writeable? e.g. jump.php

Kev

Has anyone solved this?

I'm using the same mod as Gavin

ePDQ-1.0

I've applied the same settings as Ian suggested:

Client ID: given by Barclays

User name: username to access epdq admin

Password: password to access epdq admin

Pass-phrase: made up and not more than 16 characters

Allowed URL: http://www....../modules/gateway/ePDQ/jump.php

Continue Option 1: No

Continue Option 2: No

Continue Option 3: No

POST Order result: Yes

POST URL: http://www....../index.php?_g=rm&type=gateway&cmd=call&module=ePDQ

POST User name: set in epdq, but not in CC4 admin

POST Password: set in epdq, but not in CC4 admin

POST Email: CC4 admin email

Directory has no .htpasswd or .htaccess.

Still getting an error related to post.

Should any of the files permissions be writeable? e.g. jump.php

Kev

1) The company that wrote and sold this payment gateway are no longer around and as far as I am aware are not supporting this any longer

2) This isnt a problem at all as the CubeCart developers released their own version of the ePDQ gateway for free in the latest versions of CubeCart - I have tested it on several of my client's sites and it works fine (although is still complicated to get working and needed lots of phone calls with Barclays support)

If you arent running the latest version of CubeCart 4 then you can still obtain this gateway from the latest release and just upload the modules/gateway/ePDQ directory - it should work with any version of CubeCart 4

Ian