What am i doing wrong?

Guest 321abc

Guest 321abc

Hello people i need some help as i have no clue what im doing wrong ok when i go into product options

i set the option name ie size

i then set attribute ie large

i then can pick from default (this comes up on the item page but does nothing) text box (this works but customers have to write something before they can add that option to the basket) same with text area

I just want people to be able to pick a size simply.

please help :lol:

• 1 month later...

Guest ShopChicCheap

Did you add a size (attribute) to your option? Just FYI, adding a attribute to a product is a 3 step process. First naming it, then adding the options to the name, and then assigning it to the product.

Hi

I'll go through this step-by-step then its easier to follow....

First, click the Product Options link in the Admin menu. In box 1 Create an option: enter size or colour or any other option you might be using. Leave the drop-down set to default, unless you specifically want a text box, or text area. Click Add Option.

In box 2. Create an option value: The drop-down will have the options from above eg size, colour, etc that you created earlier. Make sure you select size from the drop-down and enter a size in the Option Attribute box. Click Add Attribute. Repeat this for other sizes ie 4 ,6, 8, etc

In box 3. Assign option & value to product: In the drop-down box, under Product, select the product you would like to add the option to. Then under Option Name, select an option from the drop-down. Same for the Attribute. Then if a certain size is more expensive, eg XXL would be £5 more than the regular product price you can enter 5.00 in the Option Price box and use the '+' under Add/Subtract. Same goes if something is less, just use the '-', or set it to N/A if it's not applicable. Click Add Product Option. Repeat this for all the sizes for that particular product, then go back to the drop-down, chose another product and repeat the whole process again, unless you are using the same options for other products then you can use the Quick Assign box that appears above Box 1 to assign the same options to another product.

Alternately, once your options are made you can set them in View Product if your products are already listed, or add them as you list a new product.

Hope that helps.

Lee