IE8 css issue with Shopping Cart in header

Hi guys,

I am using 4.3.9 and I am an average amateur of CSS and HTML.

I have done a classic fixed width layout design as such header, top menu, main content with boxes on the left column.

Now in my basic header, I have my logo floating on the left and my shopping cart floating on the right. Looking all fine in Firebox 3.6.6 but issues with IE8. Basically the header in IE8 is shifting to the right by about 5px with respect the top menu and main content page. My css coding is classic and I really cannot not see where the problem is. I removed the css coding of the Shopping Cart and it still shifted but if I remove the shopping cart altogether from the header, it re-aligns itself perfectly with the rest. So something in the Shopping Cart regardless of the design triggers that small shift.

I have been looking at this problem for quite a while and I really cannot resolve it. One radical option could be to move the shopping cart to a box in the main page but I really want to keep the shopping cart in the right hand side of the header as clothes stores tend to be designed this way.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Sandrine :ninja2:

No one will be able to help if you do not supply a url.

OK here is the url www.thenauticalcompany.com/store/ (still under construction so REALLY embarrased about showing it off at such an early stage .... only an amateur, web design was not my trade ...)

Thanks in advance to anyone taking the time to help.

Sandrine

I can see the issue, it's the same with IE6 too. Look for a missing closing DIV or something.

Thanks Robsta for your reply. I thought I had been careful with my closing div but obviously not. I shall search in that direction and report back. Thanks again.