URGENT - reCAPTCHA IE bug with IE6

sailing123

Hi

After further investigation, I am re-writing the problem here with Cubecart 4.4.2:

1. The {IMG_SPAMBOT} does not work with IE6 but all fine with IE7, IE8, firefox and other browsers.

Now I read a bit about the problem and the last thread on the subject at http://bugs.cubecart.com/print_bug_page.php?bug_id=1619 led to think that the issue resolved itself ..... ??

I am obviously very concerned about it as no spambot means no sales, no contact form and no reviews.

2. The recaptcha coding below found in several templates like view product, invoice address, tell a friend, reviews, etc simply does not work.

<!-- BEGIN: recaptcha -->

<p style="text-align:right;">

<strong style="float: left;">{LANG_SPAMBOT}</strong><br />

{FILE "content/recaptcha.tpl"}

</p>

<!-- END: recaptcha -->

Totally inexistant. I moved things around a bit, added some text in between, remove lang_spambot, then the content/recaptcha but nothing changed, in fact regardless of what I do nothing appeared if put between <!-- BEGIN: recaptcha --> and <!-- END: recaptcha -->

However if I remove the coding <!-- BEGIN: recaptcha --> and <!-- END: recaptcha --> and leave the coding in between, the text is now visible on webpages but the links are not functioning. The recaptcha JS are not launching.

Now I did this little fix, although not an expert, I came up with the following and it works fine for me for reloading the text although do not know what to do for audio:

<!-- BEGIN: spambot -->

<tr><td>&nbsp;</td>

<td><br/>{IMG_SPAMBOT}</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td align="left" valign="top"><strong>{TXT_SPAMBOT}</strong></td>

<td><input name="spamcode" type="text" class="textbox" value="" size="5" maxlength="5" />&nbsp;(simply enter the characters showing in the picture above. The characters are not case-sensitive.)<BR/><BR/><b>Cannot read the letters/numbers above ?</b> Try different ones, <input type="submit" name="reset" value="{RESET}"></td>

</tr>

<!-- END: spambot -->

BUT my main concern is this {IMG_SPAMBOT} not working in IE6.

If no-one knows a quick answer I will raise a ticket and post Cubecart's reply here.

Any help would be extremely appreciate it. I was aiming to launch the store in 2 days time ......

Thanks

Sandrine