Very puzzled about search engine indexing behaviour

sailing123

Hello

I am puzzled by some behaviours here and so I hope that someone at Cubecart can bring some light to the following observations. I am using 4.4.2.

My store (thenauticalcompany.com) has been live for 12 days. I know you are going to say it is short to draw any conclusion but I also have a 18 months content site doing very well and I got to understand a few things with google webmasters and analytics.

I have submitted the usual xml sitemap to Google, yahoo and bing with no reported issues. I also created a sitemap on my site. I listed all my products on google shopping with no problem. I also left my robots file accessible to everyone to start with.

ON GOOGLE (bear in mind that google visits my product page links every single day):

- used a 301 redirect to resolve the issue between root domain and index.php page, obviously will need time to adjust.

- I would like to understand why google indexes in priority all the non-priority Side Documents pages. The other day I created a links page and within 24 hours it was indexed. Yesterday created the sitemap in "sitedocuments" and within 4 hours, Google had found it ..... in my log I could see that Goggle went to the robots file and straight to the new "SiteDocuments" page and that new page was not even in the sitemap.xml.

- In SiteDocuments, if you put a meta title, google then combines the Meta Title page with the title of the SiteDocument. As such my page called About us on my website becomes, "The Nautical Company - About us - About Us"

- it also indexes all the other useless pages as such search, contact us, etc. How can I stop that ?

- it also indexed one with https, how can I stop this SEO duplicate before it goes too far ....

- out of about 20 categories, it obviously indexed the 3 that had the least or no product yet in it but no others ... is it because there is less content and so quicker to crawl ...

- out of 24 products, it indexed only one although it keeps crawling all the product pages links every single day ....

In Google Webmasters tools, no error nor crawling issues reported.

I would like to understand from Cubecart why the Site Documents are obviously so easily indexed and not products or categories. There must be a reason. It looks to me that despite several attempts, Google does not manage to index thus is there a "blockage" somewhere ?

ON YAHOO:

- my homepage is listed with a title that I do not even have on any of my pages. It is close to that of one category but not identical either.

So how can this possible ?

- yahoo is crawling nearly every day but only the homepage with the wrong title is indexed yet.

ON BING:

homepage indexed properly no problem. Does not crawl often but nothing surprisingly, same with my content website.

Before posting, I searched in vain for the possible causes and so I do hope someone will be able to help. The Google issues do concern me greatly as my products are not getting listed on web search so reduced business exposure.

Thank you very much.

Sandrine