Cube cart 4, ZendOptimizer and php 5.3

Guest Cuckoos Nest Antiques

Guest Cuckoos Nest Antiques

Hi,

I'm trying to trial Cube Cart 4 on my personal LAMP server, which happily runs Wordpress, phpMyAdmin etc, so I'm fairly confident all is OK with the config.

My first problem is that compat-test.php produces no output, simply "CubeCart 4 Requirements Test" and two dotted lines.

If I proceed regardless, the install generally goes OK, but when trying to run, I get asked to install ZendOptimizer. Unfortunately, it seems that ZendOptimizer is not available for php 5.3. I installed the version for php 5.2 as a hopeful gesture, but no luck. Whether I installed it correctly or not, I don't know, and whether it will work with 5.3 I don't know.

So, does anyone have Cubecart 4 running with php 5.3. If so, could you give me some pointers as to getting some output from compat-test.php, and getting ZendOptimizer to work

Many Thanks

Christian

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I'm trying to trial Cube Cart 4 on my personal LAMP server, which happily runs Wordpress, phpMyAdmin etc, so I'm fairly confident all is OK with the config.

My first problem is that compat-test.php produces no output, simply "CubeCart 4 Requirements Test" and two dotted lines.

If I proceed regardless, the install generally goes OK, but when trying to run, I get asked to install ZendOptimizer. Unfortunately, it seems that ZendOptimizer is not available for php 5.3. I installed the version for php 5.2 as a hopeful gesture, but no luck. Whether I installed it correctly or not, I don't know, and whether it will work with 5.3 I don't know.

So, does anyone have Cubecart 4 running with php 5.3. If so, could you give me some pointers as to getting some output from compat-test.php, and getting ZendOptimizer to work

Many Thanks

Christian

Well Christian I'm in the same situation and this looks like an old thread so would be great to have some guidance.

Does anyone know of a procedure that will allow CubeCart 4 to work with PHP 5.3 and any optimizer, be it IonCube or Zend?

Thanks

Guest chillifish

I'm trying to use CC4 on MAMP in order to try it out and it's telling me I need to install Zend Optimizer even though it's already installed.

• 4 weeks later...