Need figures: how many e-stores are using CubeCart?

Guest waveromper

Guest waveromper

I've searched all over the place but can't find this statistic anywhere: how many CubeCart stores are out there? (All versions combined would be great.) Does anyone have a reference resource to point me to to find this factoid? (For example, there are over 50,000 Vendio stores.)

I've searched all over the place but can't find this statistic anywhere: how many CubeCart stores are out there? (All versions combined would be great.) Does anyone have a reference resource to point me to to find this factoid? (For example, there are over 50,000 Vendio stores.)

The only person that would be able to give reasonable estimates for this number would be Al the owner of CubeCart or maybe one of the support team. The figures for V4 should be reasonably accurate to estimate as a licence is required both for live and demo sites that regularly "call home" to their licencing server. The number of live sites will be fairly steady but I would imagine that the number of demo V4 sites would vary quite a lot. However, how to estimate the number of V3 or older sites ? If you have time, you could work out a way of constructing searches for the "Powered by CubeCart" wording that is shown for unlicenced sites but you would have to exclude more than one page per domain, then there will be many sites that are not indexed at all and some that are indexed in local country google sites.....

Take a guess and then double or quadruple it, maybe ! Whatever the actual number, it is very large. I would also be extremely wary of accepting as fact any figures for any application unless it is strictly licenced with a regular licencing call home.

Why are you interested in knowing these figures ?

Ian

Well googling "powered by cubecart" pulls up: "About 2,000,000 results" and that's just using the free version 3. I'm sure there are at least that many using v4 and registered v3. So a lot! Devellion can probably give you the count of registered stores, but I doubt even they know how many un-registered v3 (or even older v2) stores are in operation.

Well googling "powered by cubecart" pulls up: "About 2,000,000 results" and that's just using the free version 3. I'm sure there are at least that many using v4 and registered v3. So a lot! Devellion can probably give you the count of registered stores, but I doubt even they know how many un-registered v3 (or even older v2) stores are in operation.

As I pointed out above though - just doing that simple search is hugely inaccurate ! That will only list pages that are indexed in the specific search engine that you have used BUT it will also list ALL pages indexed for a site so you will be getting a massive number of duplicated pages