adding products from .csv file

Guest JeannieM

Guest JeannieM

I have access to 34,000 products on an Excel spreadsheet (.csv) Is there a way to download everything I want on there directly onto my website without having to go through each product one by one?

Thanks

I have access to 34,000 products on an Excel spreadsheet (.csv) Is there a way to download everything I want on there directly onto my website without having to go through each product one by one?

Thanks

Hi Jeannie

A lot depends on the format of the csv file and how much detail is in the file (or that you want to import). There is a basic product import facility within CubeCart 4 in the admin menu - Import Catalogue. For more complex files or product sets you will either have to use some software or have a custom import script written for you. Much will also depend on whether this is a one-off load or something that needs to be daily / weekly

Ian

Guest JeannieM

Thanks

Hi Jeannie

A lot depends on the format of the csv file and how much detail is in the file (or that you want to import). There is a basic product import facility within CubeCart 4 in the admin menu - Import Catalogue. For more complex files or product sets you will either have to use some software or have a custom import script written for you. Much will also depend on whether this is a one-off load or something that needs to be daily / weekly

Ian

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the reply. I can get the file uploaded into the Admin section, but then I have to go through each and every product to add it to my online store. Is there a way to have it all ready-to-go, and upload it to the store directly, in one shot, rather than one product at a time?

Thanks,

Jeannie

Thanks

Hi Jeannie

Ian

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the reply. I can get the file uploaded into the Admin section, but then I have to go through each and every product to add it to my online store. Is there a way to have it all ready-to-go, and upload it to the store directly, in one shot, rather than one product at a time?

Thanks,

Jeannie

Jeannie

Not sure what you mean when you say you have to go through each product to add it - the import catalogue is a bulk import of basic product information. You can do a lot more manipulation using scripts and MySQL to do the import so there is always a way to do more !

Ian

Guest JeannieM

Thanks

Hi Jeannie

Ian

Hi Ian,

Thanks,

Jeannie

Jeannie

Not sure what you mean when you say you have to go through each product to add it - the import catalogue is a bulk import of basic product information. You can do a lot more manipulation using scripts and MySQL to do the import so there is always a way to do more !

Ian

Ian,

I mean that I can upload thousand of products into to the admin area using the 'upload catalogue' feature. When I go to the 'view products', they're all there, but none of them go into the actual online store until I EDIT PRODUCT. That's a lot of editing! Also, it doesn't upload the images along with the catalogue.

What's wrong?

Ian,

I mean that I can upload thousand of products into to the admin area using the 'upload catalogue' feature. When I go to the 'view products', they're all there, but none of them go into the actual online store until I EDIT PRODUCT. That's a lot of editing! Also, it doesn't upload the images along with the catalogue.

What's wrong?

Jeannie

If they are in the View products then they are in the store but maybe you havent added them to a category - it is difficult to know what is going on without knowing the format of the csv files, which fields you are uploading and allocating or in fact even the url of your store !

The image field allows you to upload the url to the image but doesnt upload the actual image itself - you need to do that yourself.

Ian

• 3 months later...
Guest ZIONWEBB

Ian,

What's wrong?

Jeannie

If they are in the View products then they are in the store but maybe you havent added them to a category - it is difficult to know what is going on without knowing the format of the csv files, which fields you are uploading and allocating or in fact even the url of your store !

The image field allows you to upload the url to the image but doesnt upload the actual image itself - you need to do that yourself.

Ian

Ian

The image field allows you to upload the url to the image but doesnt upload the actual image itself - you need to do that yourself. Is there any module to upload url and how it can be done