Severe issue's with errors

richierich

I have a problem that started on monday where i have error codes showing on product pages and my category drop down menu only showed sale item options.I contacted my host and they fixed one page and then i noticed in my admin home some error codes also.So basically i'm going back and forth with them and they tell me they didnt delete or change anything and neither did I.And they tell me i should contact the web developer.They also suggested installing a backup which i dont have and they said theirs has same errors.Heres some errors that i have and their advice.I really need to get this fixed.Any idea what is up ? Thanks

As replied to you earlier, the table "store_category" seems to be missing from your database because of which the issue occurred .

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Unable to save result set in /home3/richmoto/public_html/store/shoppingcart.php on line 185

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home3/richmoto/public_html/store/shoppingcart.php on line 186

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Unable to save result set in /home3/richmoto/public_html/store/shoppingcart.php on line 115

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home3/richmoto/public_html/store/shoppingcart.php on line 116

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home3/richmoto/public_html/store/view_product.php on line 98

Store Home

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home3/richmoto/public_html/store/link_navi.php on line 35

Warning: opendir(/home/richmoto/public_html/store/images/program) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: Permission denied in /home3/richmoto/public_html/store/admin/index.php on line 54

Warning: opendir(/home/richmoto/public_html/store/images/banners) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: Permission denied in /home3/richmoto/public_html/store/admin/index.php on line 54

Warning: opendir(/home/richmoto/public_html/store/images/best) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: Permission denied in /home3/richmoto/public_html/store/admin/index.php on line 54

Warning: opendir(/home/richmoto/public_html/store/images/program) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: Permission denied in /home3/richmoto/public_html/store/admin/index.php on line 54

Warning: opendir(/home/richmoto/public_html/store/images/banners) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: Permission denied in /home3/richmoto/public_html/store/admin/index.php on line 54

Warning: opendir(/home/richmoto/public_html/store/images/best) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: Permission denied in /home3/richmoto/public_html/store/admin/index.php on line

Well, several things about the information you provided is strange.

1. Nowhere in CubeCart v3.0.20, is opendir() found in the file /admin/index.php.

2. There are no folders, in the folder /images, by the names of 'program', 'banners', and 'best'.

3. There is no file 'shoppingcart.php' located in the top folder.

4. There is no database table named 'store_category'.

If you are in fact running CubeCart, then maybe you have a custom modification installed?

hi

thanks for reply.i have version 2.0.1 if that matters ? its got these mods that were done years ago when i first got cubecart.

1: Category description

For each category you can publish a description, which will be viewable above the Products list of the category ATTENTION! You must have a category image in order to display the description text.

(+) Function can be turned on or off: select “yes†or “no†in the ‘Display category text?

row when adding or editing a category.

2: Most Popular Product for each Category

You can display the 3 most popular products (by hits) in a category. These will be listed below the category description and above the products list of a category.

(+) Function can be turned on or off: select “yes†or “no†in the “Display most popular products?†row when adding or editing a category.

3: Hide a Complete Category

You can hide a complete category in the webshop front-end i.e.: (for season products) ATTENTION! When hiding a category the Products, within this category, will still be listed in “Catalog (all products)â€Â, printable catalog, box featured product, box sale items and box most popular.

(+) Function can be turned on or off: select “yes†or “no†in the “Category public?†row when adding or editing a category.

4: Hide Products

You can hide a Product in the webshop front-end i.e.:(you can combine with hiding categories). This is a handy function for temporary products. A hidden product will not be listed on any page of the webshop front-end.

(+) Function can be turned on or off: select “yes†or “no†in the “Is this product public?†row when adding or editing a category.

5: Catalog and Printable Catalog

In the (webshop front-end) box “Categories†you'll find a link to “Catalog†or “All productsâ€Â. The Page displays all your public products on page 1 including sorting options and a link to a printer friendly version of the catalog. In the printable version your store information has the date included.

This is a “Modded Store†Core-file and cannot be turned on or off.

6: Contact Form

Unlike the original Cubecart, your modded store has a built-in contact form. The e-mails will be sent to the site-email setup in “Settings-generalâ€Â.

7: Latest New Products Table

You can set up a new table on the index page that will display the 5 newest products in your store.

Show off your latest added products and help customers get curious.

(+) Function can be turned on or off: select yes or no in the“Display latest new products table?†row in “Settings-style†page.

8: Products sorted by date

In the Products list the latest new product will be listed first (on top).

9: Product Reviews

Front-end functions:

1 Only logged in members can submit a review. Non-registered or logged out customers will get a message to log in or create an account, but of course can read the reviews.

2 Logged in members can submit a review via a link.

3 When there are no reviews a message will show “There are no reviews for this product at this momentâ€Â.

4 On the submit form the customers name is already coded (to exclude fake messages).

5 After adding a review the customer gets a nice, thank you for sharing your thoughts, reply.

Admin functions:

1 You will get a message the moment you log in to your administration panel, telling you there “are†or “are no†new product reviews.

2 The list of reviews shows if reviews are public or not, including option to view/delete or edit the review.

3 You have a nice and neat edit panel where you have the possibility to make the review public or not + the review can be edited so you can filter bad words.

(+) Function can be turned on or off: select yes or no in the“Display latest new products table?†row in “Settings-style†page.

10: Wish list

To check it's functions read the “wish list faq .php†in the shop front-end Extra Admin-Function: select “Wish list overview†in the menu.

(+) Function can be turned on or off: select yes or no in the “Display wish list?†row in “Settings-style†page.

11-Testimonials

Every visitor to your shop will have the possibility to write a testimonial.

Admin functions:

1 You will get a message the moment you log in to your administration panel, telling you there “are†or “are no†new incoming testimonials.

2 The list of testimonials show if these are public or not, including an option to view/delete or edit.

3 You have a nice and neat edit panel where you have the possibility to make a testimonial public or not + it can be edited so you can filter bad words.

(+) Function can be turned on or off: select yes or no in the “Display testimonials?†row in the “Settings-style†page.

12: Fixed Option Price

You can assign a fixed price to a Product OPTION i.e.: create a product: Painting-Price: €15

Create an option: size

Choose option symbol “ = “ to create fixed prizes then the output will be:

Product - PAINTING / product option: size

30x30 cm € 15

60x60 cm € 25

100x100 cm € 30

Choose option symbol “ + “ to create an option price then the output will be:

Product - PAINTING / product option: size

30x30 cm € 15 (+ € 0.00)

60x60 cm € 25 (+ € 10.00)

100x100 cm € 30 (+ € 15.00)

This is a “Modded Store†Core-function.

13: Display / Hide Language selector

If you need only 1 language for your shop there is no use in displaying this box.

(+) Function can be turned on or off: select yes or no in the “Display latest new products table?†row in “Settings-style†page.

14: Display Product Page horizontally or vertically

Horizontal = Original CubeCart Style

Vertical = image, description, price, options etc. will be displayed in 1 large table.

(+) Function can be turned on or off: select vertical or horizontal in the “ lay-out of the Products Pages must be...†row in “Settings-style†page.

15: Shipping Cost per Product

When adding or editing a product, enter the amount for the shipping cost

This is a “Modded Store†Core-file, and cannot be turned on or off (although you could choose “€ 0.00â€Â).

16: Stock control

When adding or editing a Product, enter the quantity of items you have in stock. When a product is sold there will be 1 extracted as soon the customer has checked-out. There is also a stock control in the view basket page. When the quantity comes to “0†the “add to basket†button on the Product Page will be disabled.

17: Agree to Terms & Conditions

Before completing the order a customer must agree to your terms & conditions.

18: Image uploader

You can upload extra images : select Manage/extra images

to view the images click on the camera icon

19: Add extra Images for a Product (pop-up)

In Product description make a link to extra image(s):

<A HREF="javascript:popUp('your_folder/your_image.extention)">Extra image!!</A>

vb : <A HREF="javascript:popUp('images/phonecard.jpg')">Extra image!!</A>

Upload the extra image to cubecart/images (using ftp)

20: Categories in Dropdown

You can display the categories in the original “CubeCart-style†or in a “Dropdown boxâ€Â.

(+) Function can be turned on or off: select 1 or 2 in the “categories are displayed...†row in “Settings-style†page.

21: New Admin menu

The modded store comes with a complete new admin menu, one that is more functional to navigate

Well, several things about the information you provided is strange.

1. Nowhere in CubeCart v3.0.20, is opendir() found in the file /admin/index.php.

2. There are no folders, in the folder /images, by the names of 'program', 'banners', and 'best'.

3. There is no file 'shoppingcart.php' located in the top folder.

4. There is no database table named 'store_category'.

If you are in fact running CubeCart, then maybe you have a custom modification installed?

"I have version 2.0.1 if that matters?"

Yes, very much. Sorry, but I am really good with CC v3, not at all with version 2.

"Its got these mods that were done years ago."

That makes it even more difficult to help.

So apparently you have a missing database table (that may explain a few error messages and a missing list of categories). There may be other tables missing.

I can't explain the Permission Denied errors. Did your hosting provider upgrade the version of PHP for your site? Did they recently install some added security measures to PHP or the web server (Apache?)?

Note: you will probably be advised to move away from CC version 2 and try version 4 (30-day trial, otherwise not free). You can also try version 3 (free while supply lasts).

Far as i know they didnt do anything but i dont know how something can disappear otherwise ? I wouldnt mind upgrading and have been wanting to as i have out grew this one.Or i should say its a pain in the butt to add and edit stuff when you get into more products.I just dont want to loose my info.For example i have over 4 millions hits on the site and my site pulls up when you search for certain products .Is that doable if i get a newer version ? Do you do work like that ? Or point me to someone that does ? Thanks for your help so far

You can configure CC4 from the admin screens to have whatever you want for metatags (or so I believe). Also, as long as you keep the product descriptions you have now, search engines probably won't know the difference in what application is being used to serve up the pages.

There are more knowledgeable coders for CC4 than I over at www.cubecartforums.org.