Order confirmation email

Guest rebecca10987

Guest rebecca10987

I need to send the order confirmation email to multiple email addresses. Is this possible? How? I can't find any information.

Welcome rebecca10987! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

Is the "order conformation" email what the customer gets on order success, what the administrator gets on a new order placed/completed, or what your payment processor (Paypal?) sends on transaction success?

I ask this because there are several places where another email could be added, depending on why the email is being sent. For example, look at /classes/cart/order.php at around line 187. Here, if the status has changed, for each possible status, an email gets sent to the customer detailing the changed status. The send method of the htmlMimeMail class accepts an array of email addresses (see line 219). So, it's easy to hard code what you want.

But another strategy is to create a distribution group. Emails sent to that email address gets forwarded to all in the group.

Guest rebecca10987

the "order confirmation email" I am talking about is the one that the administrator gets upon completion of an order.

Welcome rebecca10987! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

Is the "order conformation" email what the customer gets on order success, what the administrator gets on a new order placed/completed, or what your payment processor (Paypal?) sends on transaction success?

I ask this because there are several places here another email could be added, depending on why the email is being sent. For example, look at /classes/cart/order.php at around line 187. Here, if the status has changed, for each possible status, an email gets sent to the customer detailing the changed status. The send method of the htmlMimeMail class accepts an array of email addresses (see line 219). So, it's easy to hard code what you want.

But another strategy is to create a distribution group. Emails sent to that email address gets forwarded to all in the group.

Ok. In /classes/cart/order.php at around line 727, there is a function called newOrderEmail(). This line:

$mail->send(array($config['masterEmail']), $config['mailMethod']);
is what you are interested in.

Change this part:
array($config['masterEmail'])
to this:
array($config['masterEmail'], '[email protected]', '[email protected]', '[email protected]')

However, this email is sent when the customer successfully reaches the point where payment is expected. Not after.

At about line 388 is where an email gets sent if the order goes to status 3: Order has been fulfilled (shipped). Moving to this status usually happens under admin control.

It's when the order goes to status 2: Processing, that is perhaps the event you are interested in. However, only the customer gets an email for this (line 219). If you want to receive a copy of the customer's email, hinting that an order is needing your attention, then you can add yours (and others) to the array.

• 1 year later...
Guest perduto

What I need is once the customer order this "completed and released" send by email your order to a specific e-mail account in addition to the client. (is for eKomi)