same productid but different catid? It's possible

Guest pippono

Guest pippono

If there are two (or more) products with same productid but positioned in different category the cart don't accept this?

seems that only the first products is inserted into inventory but after it's visible in the wrong category.

I must reindex this product with unique id or there is a another solution?

If there are two (or more) products with same productid but positioned in different category the cart don't accept this?

seems that only the first products is inserted into inventory but after it's visible in the wrong category.

You dont say how you are creating these products but if you are uploading them rather than creating through the admin side then you have to ensure that the productId is unique. It is possible to add a product to multiple categories in the same way that the Admin View product option does by adding a record into the CubeCart_cats_idx table

Ian

Guest pippono

i add products and category (so i will update every time table inventory,catid,and catalogue) directly via mysql, i don' t use admin panel because it's very slow (i have 65000 products but sell only 15000 of them...)

The problem was born when i must generate an unique id for any product via an hash function, so when there was some collision i note this.

So i must sure that anyproduct have an unique id? For example with the previous (without hash) i assign at any product a progressive id (1,2,3,4,--......10000 etcetc)

but now i want an id generated via hash because it's aren't always in store and i want only that are present (quantity> 5 for example) in this case previous procedure give me the problem that id are always different but with hash no.

For easy understanding i mean different products with the same id in different category it's possible. At this time i say no...

Thanks hovewer.

You dont say how you are creating these products but if you are uploading them rather than creating through the admin side then you have to ensure that the productId is unique. It is possible to add a product to multiple categories in the same way that the Admin View product option does by adding a record into the CubeCart_cats_idx table

Ian

i add products and category (so i will update every time table inventory,catid,and catalogue) directly via mysql, i don' t use admin panel because it's very slow (i have 65000 products but sell only 15000 of them...)

The problem was born when i must generate an unique id for any product via an hash function, so when there was some collision i note this.

So i must sure that anyproduct have an unique id? For example with the previous (without hash) i assign at any product a progressive id (1,2,3,4,--......10000 etcetc)

but now i want an id generated via hash because it's aren't always in store and i want only that are present (quantity> 5 for example) in this case previous procedure give me the problem that id are always different but with hash no.

For easy understanding i mean different products with the same id in different category it's possible. At this time i say no...

Thanks hovewer.

Ian

If you upload product details via scripts and MySQL then you need to ensure that you understand the database structure in great detail otherwise your data wont be consistent. Even using the upload facilities within CubeCart requires an understanding of this and has quite a few restrictions.

Guest pippono

you mean this?

www.pcutile.it

yes i know cubecart database structure. I create they with my preferite programming language. imagine the instruction row to insert a product into inventory table! it's made of 950 (or more) character.

i create several tipe of file that i interprete and create other files(html,mysql, and private format).

I think that when create catidx table i insert correct reference for category for any product. i will (with math) choose unique id for any product.

Thanks hovewer.

Ian

If you upload product details via scripts and MySQL then you need to ensure that you understand the database structure in great detail otherwise your data wont be consistent. Even using the upload facilities within CubeCart requires an understanding of this and has quite a few restrictions.