Licence Key

Can I upgrade my Software License Key from CC4 to CC5 and still use both versions (CC4 and CC5) at the same time?

This is because I want to test CC5 before really upgrade my store, some mods have to be made before I can go live with my shop in CC5.

Greetings,

Marcel

The licensing system will only allow one store to use a license. However what you could do is upgrade your license to V5 then get a demo license for your V4 store. That would let it continue to run for 45 days which should be plenty of time to get everything setup.

:w00t:

Can I upgrade my Software License Key from CC4 to CC5 and still use both versions (CC4 and CC5) at the same time?

This is because I want to test CC5 before really upgrade my store, some mods have to be made before I can go live with my shop in CC5.

Greetings,

Marcel

I have my V4 site running at public_html/ccrt4 using my paid license.

I have my V5 test install running at public_html/ccrt5 using a 45-day trial license.

This is free and allows me to fully test ccrt5 before making a purchase commitment. Once I get it running and my templates rewritten I'll replace the trial with a full license, switch the copyright key and mothball ccrt4.

Here's hoping it won't take 45 days ... ;D

Jules

Guest cybercomp

I have CC4 installed in the main folder i.e. /public_html my plan is to create a folder /public_html/cc5 and take a copy of all my cc4 folders and put them in there and make a copy of the mysql database and edit the config file in my copied files to point to the second database.

then I could follow the procedure for a 4 to 5 upgrade and run on the trial key for 45 days correct? and that should give me enough time to sort out a skin and other things and then buy a license and upgrade the main installation.

Does that sound about right?

Thanks

Nathan

I have CC4 installed in the main folder i.e. /public_html my plan is to create a folder /public_html/cc5 and take a copy of all my cc4 folders and put them in there and make a copy of the mysql database and edit the config file in my copied files to point to the second database.

then I could follow the procedure for a 4 to 5 upgrade and run on the trial key for 45 days correct? and that should give me enough time to sort out a skin and other things and then buy a license and upgrade the main installation.

Does that sound about right?

Thanks

Nathan

Thant's exactly what I did; remember to take a full backup before you start though as it's easy to do something wrong when copy/paste/delete gets going in ernest ...

Jules

Guest cybercomp

lucky I had the backup as for some reason it decided to upgrade my cc4 production DB. even thought I edited the config file to point to the copy I made.

I will just setup a new hosting account on my other server and test there I think :-)