Problem with Product Options

Nikki72

Im currently evulating V5 locally before i replace my V4 store but i cannot for the life of me figure out the new product options setup...Its completely different to V3 and V4!

I sell computer parts and need to offer extended support periods which i've always done with a Yes / No dropdown box with Yes increasing the cost and No not increasing the cost.

Could someone be kind enough to walk me through the steps of creating a dropdown list with one of the selections changing the original cost? So far no matter what i do doesn't show up on the product page and im pulling my hair out now trying to figure out what im doing wrong :cry: It was so much easier in V3 and V4 so why makes things more difficult to use?!?! :huh:

Guest hennaboy

You probably have overlooked enabling the options.

Create your options save and then go to your products. Click on a product that requires the options and then click on the options tab.

Add a new option. Click save & reload. Then click the red cross and enable the option!

You probably have overlooked enabling the options.

Create your options save and then go to your products. Click on a product that requires the options and then click on the options tab.

Add a new option. Click save & reload. Then click the red cross and enable the option!

Thanks for replying but it is active :unsure:

Its the same no matter which skin i use but i must be doing something wrong somewhere

Attached is a screenshot of the test product with the option added in the hope that helps :)

Guest hennaboy

Ah i think cc5 may have issues working locally not 100% sure on that. Due to the cache usage.

Make sure you delete the entire cache contents (do a manual delete) see if that resolves your issues.

I have product options working on my live testing store without any issue so its the only thing I can think of.