pics not showing up on site

slic535

i just loaded my first product on cc5 and it wont show up on the site. it says theres no page there. here is the link. http://www.directknifesales.com/little-purple-automatic-pocket-knife-8364pp.html

i thought everything was good until this happened. any suggestions?

oh, yes and also i get this message in my error logs and i have 29 of them with different ips in two days. any clues as to what this is?

[Error] /home/slic535/public_html/includes/functions.inc.php:437 - Invalid IP address: 71.137.241.155, 216.115.97.234

Guest hennaboy

SEO links requires that the htaccess file is installed in the root of your store.

It will also require that mod rewrite is enabled on the server.

SEO links requires that the htaccess file is installed in the root of your store.

It will also require that mod rewrite is enabled on the server.

i got with my hosting company and they said htaccess is installed and mod rewrite is on but it still doesnt work. what now?

Guest hennaboy

You need to fill the htaccess with the code provided in the admin

store settings > search engines

you will see all the code for the htaccess file copy that and save it in the htaccess file.

This function looks at about five different things to get the IP address of the store's visitor. Which ever one that the function accepts is then run through a PHP filter_* function.

However, the function is getting what appears to be more than one IP address, separated by a comma. One of the sources, if not the only one, that can return a series of IP addresses is: HTTP_X_Forwarded_For and X_Forwarded_For. The value is: client1, proxy1, proxy2

where the value is a comma+space separated list of IP addresses, the left-most being the farthest downstream client, and each successive proxy that passed the request adding the IP address where it received the request from.

In anticipation of this, I suggest adding before the line:

// Remove port if it exists

this:

$ipSeries = explode(', ', $address);

$address = $ipSeries[0];

More info about X_Forwarded_For is at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Forwarded-For

Guest hennaboy

I believe this is a continuation on the bug report I submitted about getting this error message when you login from more than one location thus having a different IP from your previous session.

Looks like the fix didnt fix it!

I did a search for all files that used the 'ip_address' column of a queried recordset and found only session.class.php that does anything with it.

In the private method _validate(), the check for an IP address mismatch is commented out with the comment, "Removed IP checking due to proxies. It will just never work."

The remaining check is for a different user_agent string. And I am presuming this only checks against the same session (based on a cookie). A different browser with/without using a different computer would (should) establish a different session with a different cookie and so _validate should not be called (I think).

Until I unit test the method to be sure, I'm going to say that _validate correctly tests against the user_agent string, but it is based on the current session Id.

What I would suggest is to change the error notice that the user may get when the user_agent string is different. As I mentioned earlier, the test for a changed IP address has been commented out, but the error message still includes it, leading the user to believe the IP address may have caused the message.

Guest hennaboy

The bit thats commented out has always been commented out.

The error in my log at the moment bears no reflection to my IP, server IP or network. So where they are getting both those IP's from I have no idea!

Guest hennaboy

Nope both IP's are heading over the atlantic couldnt be any further away!

Failed login attempt maybe and its logged the IP. If so could be made clearer.