Store Problems - Buy button and admin

Guest mat3000000

Guest mat3000000

I have been runningTHIS SITE for a while now. Recently, it has just taken a turn for the worse!

• If you click on any product and click buy, the page is not found?
  • If you go to http://www.woodworkingknives.com/admin It gets stuck in a redirect loop.

Can anyone PLEASE help?!?

Guest mat3000000

Firstly I'd say check your global file to ensure you have the slashes in the correct places. Test the store using a shipped skin to eliminate your skin from being a cause. Then do the same with the SEO mod, disable that and test.

Hi, Thanks for your reply,

I have added slashes onto the end of the urls in my global file and now the cart button works, however, I could not try your other two suggestions, I don't have access to the admin panel. But When clicking view cart, the same thing happens as if you were to click admin...

The webpage at ......./cart.php?act=cart&ccUser=5737f6dad9f42f267c5cc4a0feb86b37&ccUser=5737f6dad9f42f267c5cc4a0feb86b37&ccUser=5737f6dad9f42f267c5cc4a0feb86b37&.........has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer. (Chrome)

Obviusly the page keeps reloading, setting the variable ccUser many times? Help?

If the store began acting up and you didn't change anything, then the first thing to do is to contact your hosting provider.

Your store has decided (for whatever reason) to be issuing the ccUser cookie via the URL. That doesn't happen unless the PHP settings for your hosted site are set to not use cookies or there is some other problem with saving session information to a temporary file.

In addition, I see that a ccUser cookie is being set but its value is different than the ccUser value in the URL.

In addition, my CC3.0.20 store only delivers the ccSID cookie, not the ccUser cookie (odd!).

Your hosting provider may have changed some global .htaccess filter rule, PHP setting, etc.

Guest mat3000000

I have cleared my cache, nothing.

I don't think it is a server problem, it must be something in one of the pages I may have changed by accident, because I have another store hosted on the same server and that one is working 100% fine using the same version of cube cart.

Any ideas?

Ok, you say, "Recently, it has just taken a turn for the worse!" As if you had done nothing at all!

Then you say, "It must be something in one of the pages I may have changed by accident." So maybe you did edit some code after all.

In your FTP program, the list of files will show the date/time of the latest version. Go through the files looking for the latest date/time and determine if you edited that file.

In the file /includes/global.inc.php, only the rootRel variable is allowed to have a trailing slash (or a single slash in your case).

Guest mat3000000

It may be functions.inc.php?? I simply don't know, and can not recall ever changing anything, but that is the only explanation I can see.

I check functions.inc.php with my other store and they exactly the same, so it is unlikely to be that.

Does anyone know of this resetting the variable in the past, or which file it could stem from... Help :(

Guest mat3000000

UPDATE::

Just tried making a new store. It worked fine until I added the old database to it and obviously changed the globals.inc.php file, then I got the redirect loop again. Could it be something in the database?? Any ideas?

The database holds the Secure addresses. It also holds whether the secure addresses are to be used or not (Enable SSL: Yes/No).

See these knowledgebase articles:

https://support.cubecart.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/18/10/my-cart-goes-into-an-infinite-loop-with-ssl-enabled

https://support.cubecart.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/59/13/with-11-hosting-my-store-goes-into-an-infinite-loop-when-ssl-is-enabled

If you have enabled SSL and for some reason the addresses are wrong or your hosting provider is using a shared certificate (this might be causing the problem), then getting SSL switched off is the first step.

Unfortunately, it seems Devellion has removed the download link of a utility desperately needed in case of a configuration fumble.

But try getting it from here:

https://support.cubecart.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/11/7/help-i-changed-my-configuration-settings-and-broken-my-store

Guest mat3000000

Nothing is working, the tool is no longer downloadable. I have read over those articles and still nothing. Can anyone give me a tutorial to stop this, (Turn SSL off) manually.

I really need this store working ASAP, I rely on it! :dizzy:

Access your database directly. In the table CubeCart_config, look at the record where `name` is "config". Now bring up for editing the value in the `array` column.

Carefully find just this part:

s:4:"c3Ns";s:4:"MQ==";

Change it to:

s:4:"c3Ns";s:4:"MA==";

What you are looking at is PHP's serialize() function - makes it easy to store arrays of data in a database. Additionally, the key and value pair of each array element has been base64_encoded - makes it easy to store characters that could cause problems for database sql statement parsing.

"c3Ns" is "ssl" and "MA==" is "0".

As far as getting the Config tool, try this address:

https://support.cubecart.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/GetAttachment/101/9