Is this possible?

Guest powerlifer

Guest powerlifer

Hey, im looking to change my products around in my cubecart 3 store and was wondering if this was possible and if so is there any guide to setting it up.

Im looking to setup products so that they change choose the different size in a drop down menu rather than having to add separate products like i am at the moment. The drop down would consist of 100g, 250g, 500g etc.

I calculate my shipping via weight so hopefully this can be done fairly easily.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

There are no guides other than the solutions you might find here in the forums.

There is one consideration you will need to be aware of: CubeCart does not track/calculate anything based on options. Therefore, creating options by weight will transfer over to where shipping is calculated.

CubeCart does allow for a differential in price per option. That is, when the base item is 100g with a 500g option, CubeCart allows you to add/subtract the difference of the cost of the product, but nothing else (namely, shipping).

In order for a difference in weight (as a product option) to be reflected and totaled in the shipping calculation, CC3 needs a mod (www.cubecartforums.org). But to be honest, I do not recall seeing a product options mod that deals with weights. One could be written, however.

Until that happens, perhaps I could recommend the "Related Products" mod where the different weighted products are shown on the one product's page.

If I have misunderstood your question, please let us know and we will try again.

Guest powerlifer

There are no guides other than the solutions you might find here in the forums.

There is one consideration you will need to be aware of: CubeCart does not track/calculate anything based on options. Therefore, creating options by weight will transfer over to where shipping is calculated.

CubeCart does allow for a differential in price per option. That is, when the base item is 100g with a 500g option, CubeCart allows you to add/subtract the difference of the cost of the product, but nothing else (namely, shipping).

In order for a difference in weight (as a product option) to be reflected and totaled in the shipping calculation, CC3 needs a mod (www.cubecartforums.org). But to be honest, I do not recall seeing a product options mod that deals with weights. One could be written, however.

Until that happens, perhaps I could recommend the "Related Products" mod where the different weighted products are shown on the one product's page.

If I have misunderstood your question, please let us know and we will try again.

Thanks Bsmither for taking the time. I understand some of what your saying and i think thats a good thing if it will transfer over to where the shipping is calculated:).

Basically what i want to do is have a product for e.g herb tea 1 and i would sell in different weights i.e 100g, 250g, 500g and say 1kg. Instead of creating different entries for each of the different weight i would like to have it under one product entry but check from a drop down which weight you want.

Is this possible? Hope that made sense.

Cheers for the help appreciate it.

Oh my! Did I say, "creating options by weight will transfer over to where shipping is calculated"?

No, no. You can create weight options, but the shipping calculator will not be aware of this.

I am so sorry to have left out the word 'not'.

Others have wanted the same thing: bird seed, dog food, and other product that can be parceled out from a bulk bag.

Maybe someone over at www.cubecartforums.org can take up the job of doing this mod.

Guest powerlifer

Ahh not so good, thanks for getting back to me though.

So effectively the product option bit is useless not just for me but for everyone? I see quantity is set up on it already that would be the same thing if it doesnt transfer over etc?

Let's not say "useless for everyone". Not everyone needs to sell product in optional weights.

Also, if your shipping charges is very linear (twice the cost for twice the weight), then shipping one 1000kg box where the order specifies ten 100kg boxes may work out fine. But probably not.

Have you made your mod request known over at www.cubecartforums.org as yet?

Guest powerlifer

I havent done, i take it costs money bsmither?

I dont have a great budget but would be great to get a mod that could.

Will take a look over it.