Installation problem

Hi Folks,

I have just installed the 45 day trial of cubecart and I am having problems setting it up.

Althought the setup apppeared to run fine I am unable to load my store logo, although

when checking by ftp it is in the images\logos folder.

I have another question I hope you can help me with as follows:

I am already running version 3.0.17 on my site but decided to go for the latest version.

Not wanting to cause any problems with the existing installation I have installed Version 5

in a different folder and created a new MySQL database for it. Can you please tell me

if it is possible to use the database of Version 3.0.17 instead of the new one. If so how

can I change the V5 to to use the original database and would it have any adverse effect

on my existing Version3 shop.

Many thanks

Tom

Hi Folks,

I have just installed the 45 day trial of cubecart and I am having problems setting it up.

Althought the setup apppeared to run fine I am unable to load my store logo, although

when checking by ftp it is in the images\logos folder.

I have another question I hope you can help me with as follows:

I am already running version 3.0.17 on my site but decided to go for the latest version.

Not wanting to cause any problems with the existing installation I have installed Version 5

in a different folder and created a new MySQL database for it. Can you please tell me

if it is possible to use the database of Version 3.0.17 instead of the new one. If so how

can I change the V5 to to use the original database and would it have any adverse effect

on my existing Version3 shop.

Many thanks

Tom

I wish that it had been possible to port your old database to the new version, but the tables are just too different. You have to go the upgrade route. But you can use the trial key to make your upgrade test site with a different directory while you continue with your live version.

Did you use the Logo upload screen in General Settings and enable it?

Thanks for the swift reply.

I uploaded my logo from the general settings logo screen, but I am not quiite sure what you mean by enabling it

When I check in the general settings Logos in the current logos section my logo is listed with a red cross against

it. if I click on the logo url it states "this logo could not be uploaded>

Thanks for the swift reply.

I uploaded my logo from the general settings logo screen, but I am not quiite sure what you mean by enabling it

When I check in the general settings Logos in the current logos section my logo is listed with a red cross against

it. if I click on the logo url it states "this logo could not be uploaded>

Maybe it's a size or file type problem? Mine is a jpg. More likely the file has been corrupted in some way. I would delete all instances of it from your image and cache file and try uploading it again from the Logo screen. After it's uploaded you have to change the red X to the green check.

• 3 months later...

If your server runs SuPHP, you'll need to make the /images/logos/ folder 755 instead of 777. The same with the /files/ folder, it should be 755 so that you can print orders.