RESOLVED Goofy CC Behavior started right before 5.0.7 upgrade - seein

I was having huge problems with 5.0.6 just before 5.0.7 came out, so I felt I had no choice but to try 5.0.7. All the previous goofiness disappeared, so I was initially very pleased.

Then the File Manager had a bug in it, but bsmither's fix on the bug tracker apparently fixed that.

Then I discovered that I could not manually lower the stock level on a product to zero. CBGitty suggested a bug fix for that. BUT, when I used his fix my GOOFY behavior from 5.0.6 showed up again. So I had to put the admin/sources/products.index.inc.php line 69 back to the 5.0.7 original.

So here's what I was getting with 5.0.6 and now get with 5.0.7 IF I apply the fix in bug report 0000058.

1. When I try to change and save any information on a product - it takes what seems like forever for the browser to finish loading the new page, and when it finally does show the page again the info has not changed, AND there is a warning that the Category has not been assigned - it has.

2. Then I look at the store and the store logo has been replaced by the default My Logo image - will go back to my logo if I go into Admin and re-save the logo which is already checked and enabled.

3. If I keep on fiddling with editing products I have occasionally found the store has lost ALL categories, products, as well as the logo - basically a total mess. When that happens and I start checking the Store Settings in Admin I find all kinds of goofy info, like Argentina instead of United States as the store's country, and AUSD for currency. When I get all those odd entires back to normal the store returns to normal looking.

So I can't use CBGitty's fix in 5.0.7, and without it I can't take an item out of stock without having to go to phpMyAdmin to do it.

As it stands now a customer's order lowers the stock level to zero if we had only one just as it should, BUT I had to cancel an order this morning and the Customer record still shows 1 order - even after I changed order_count to 0 in CC_customer in the database.

CBGitty's fix says something about stock_level in line 69 of products.index.inc.php being a string - but I've checked my _inventory database structure - and stock_level structure has the Type of INT, length of 11, Default As Defined with a value of 0, with no Attribute set, but the Null box checked.

This is all past my abilities, so I hope someone can suggest a fix for the stock_level issue without creating more problems for me. Hopefully something I've said will give someone some clues.