Show Sale Items instead of Latest Items?

I saw where someone had figured this out for v4 (with lots of core changes I'm not interested in doing) and thought it would be a snap to do it with v5 - ha!

It seemed logical to me that I could just put something like

<div>{$SALE_ITEMS} </div>

above {if isset($LATEST_PRODUCTS)} in the templates/content.homepage.php

I expected to see the Sale Items showing with the Latest Products below - no such luck. If it had worked I was going to comment out the Latest Products section or the Sale Items section, so I could use either one as I wanted.

Is there a simple way to do this with Smarty?? I am NOT interested in changing core files to accomplish this.

Guest Viola

It's doable. But without hacking up the source code you will have "Save $xx.xx" instead of the price and the Buy Now button.

Download Robsta's Sale Items With Images:

http://www.cubecartforums.org/index.php?showtopic=15082

Add the following to your main.php template just after {$PAGE_CONTENT}

{if isset($SECTION_NAME) && ($SECTION_NAME == "home")}

{$SALE_ITEMS}

{/if}

Modify your box.sale_items.php template so the HTML is similar to Latest Products.

I'm extremely pleased with what Toucan Web did to solve this for me. If you're interested in seeing it in action you can check out the Plush Animal Shoppe home page. The mod is fixed so I can change from Sales only, Latest only, or both showing simply with a check mark enabled or not.