Search Engines Tab is missing in demo of v5 ?

Guest Hellborn

Guest Hellborn

Am I doing something wrong ?

When I try the demo version here I see a tab Dashboard » Products » Search Engines.

That tab is not even included in the demo that I use on my own site ?

Is it a plugin or do I need to activate it somewhere ?

Would be more than thankful for all inputs.

Thanks in advance.

• 10 months later...

I just discovered that my store soes not have this tab either. I have officially purchased the software, upgrade it as required, but I cannot find where and how to enable these tabs. Right now all my products have the same "global" keywords and meta description.

:angry2:

In Store Settings, Search Engines tab, Enable SEO URLs must be set to "Yes". This setting can only be set to Yes if CubeCart detects an .htaccess file in the main folder of your store. If your store does not have an .htaccess file, click the "Install .htacess" button to put one there.

I agree that the "Meta-data" on this tab has nothing to do with search-engine friendly URLs. (If the web server were to receive a SEF-URL and there was no properly coded .htaccess file to rewrite the browser's request, the web server would return a 404 message.)

I've quickly looked through the code and I see no issues with displaying the Search Engines tab when adding or editing a product, category, or document -- even if the Store Settings, Enable SEO URL setting is set to "No". (Having this set to No seems to only affect the construction of the links on the web page: to use regular links or to use the custom SEF-URL links. Even if you make a Custom SEO URL Path, it will be saved, but not be used if the store setting is disabled.)

So, edit the files in /admin/sources/ to display the Search Engines tab when adding or editing:

Products:

product.index.inc.php, find near line 747:

// Add content tabs
        $GLOBALS['main']->addTabControl($lang['catalogue']['title_pricing'], 'pricing');
        $GLOBALS['main']->addTabControl($lang['settings']['title_category'], 'category');
        $GLOBALS['main']->addTabControl($lang['catalogue']['title_options'], 'Options');
        $GLOBALS['main']->addTabControl($lang['settings']['title_images'], 'image');
        $GLOBALS['main']->addTabControl($lang['catalogue']['title_digital'], 'digital');
        if ($GLOBALS['config']->get('config', 'seo')) $GLOBALS['main']->addTabControl($lang['settings']['tab_seo'], 'seo');

Change the last line to:

$GLOBALS['main']->addTabControl($lang['settings']['tab_seo'], 'seo');

Categories:

categories.index.inc.php, find near line 253:

// Display the add/edit category page
        $GLOBALS['main']->addTabControl($lang['common']['general'], 'cat_general', null, 'G');
        $GLOBALS['main']->addTabControl($lang['common']['description'], 'cat_description', null, 'D');
        $GLOBALS['main']->addTabControl($lang['settings']['title_images'], 'cat_images', null, 'I');
        if ($GLOBALS['config']->get('config', 'seo')) $GLOBALS['main']->addTabControl($lang['settings']['tab_seo'], 'seo');

Change the last line to:

Documents:

documents.index.inc.php, find near line 109:

$GLOBALS['main']->addTabControl($lang['common']['general'], 'general');
    $GLOBALS['main']->addTabControl($lang['documents']['tab_content'], 'article');

Change the last line to: