Digital download expiry date?

Guest rzr

How do i set expiry date on digital downloads?

I tested out buying a product (with a 100% off coupon),

went to my account >> digital downloads

And i found my download already expired. Downloads 0/0

i left the fields blank to disable expiry date and download attempts but it doesn't seem to be working.

Welcome rzr! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

Let's take a look at the admin screen Store Settings, Stock tab. Here you will find a Digital Products area.

From the help screen (a link for Help is in the upper-right, below the line of tabs):

"Digital Products

Download expiry time (in seconds) (Leave blank to disable): The time in seconds before the download links expire. 36000 equates to 10 minutes, 86400 seconds in a day.

Maximum download attempts (Leave blank to disable): The number of download attempts allowed before the link expires. The link can be reset on the order page if the customer requires to download after this expiry.

Custom root file path: The server root path set to the downloads directory. This should be outside of the publicly available web space. If left blank, the default path is the 'files' directory in the root of the store, for example /home/username/public_html/files. Note, there is no trailing slash '/'."

(Actually, 36000 equates to 10 hours.)

As best as I can tell, there is no download limits that are settable per product or category - yet. Therefore, what you set here will apply to all sales made during the time these settings are in effect. That is to say, if next week you set these to blank/blank, sales made last week will still have limits in place. (Or so I think according to my understanding of the code.)

I left it blank but that didn't help. I tried putting 9999999999999999999999999....

now it works but the expiry date is practically impossible (it's in past)

expiry date - 1/5/1970 ...but the file can still be downloaded LOL