Shipping By Category

Here's the issue.

I have a category titled Free Shipping Items I have set that category to have no shipping charges.

There is one item in that category (a bracelet) however when you add say a keychain from the Keychain category (and only add that item to the basket) the option for Free Shipping for the Free Shipping Items Category shows up even though there is nothing in the basket for that category.

Furthermore, shouldn't the free shipping in the drop down be removed? Since it is only suppose to be applied to the items in the Free Shipping Items category?

Hmm, unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the way the per category shipping is set to run, if it's enabled, it will always show up as an option, and the shipping price will be calculated by the prices set on each category. So if the others are blank, they'll likely go through as free as well.

Depending on the shipping you normally use, yours options are to either set the correct shipping on all the other categories, switch to some sneaky per weight option, with the free products set at 0.000kg, or have some custom modifications done to let you set valid free shipping categories. You'd need to ask on the unofficial forums for that

I shouldn't need a mod. This should be how it works. If shipping is set on a per category basis. Only those items in that category should get that shipping rate. You shouldn't be able to choose it at checkout. Otherwise it's pointless to even have this to begin with. If you only have one category set up to receive special shipping prices it should not effect the other categories.

• 4 months later...