Shipping rates by Country

Guest adamfamily

Guest adamfamily

Hi

I'm very new to cubecart and need some help...pls.

I need to set up a flat rate shipping cost for Canada, one for the US and another for other international orders...so that's 3 rates.

I can't find anywhere to put this info in my cubecart. and if it's the shipping modules I don't understand how to do it.

I'm having a few other problems too but I'm supposing I need to put those into other topics.

I'll mention them here though just in case someone can help.

My pages don't show up. Example: I have a category that I've listed several items in but only the first page of it is showing up. There should be 3 pages but only 1 shows.

I can't get my listings to show paragraphs in the description. It's all just one line.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi AdamFamily ;)

Sorry, I don't get on here as often as I'd like, so this may have been resolved by now, but here goes anyway -

If you click on "Shipping Methods" and then "By Weight" you could setup your shipping rates as follows -

shippinghelp.jpg

Where the top one is "CA" for Canada (I think that's the ISO code anyway - see the countries table) and the weight setup is fudged to "100:20" i.e. upto a 100 kg is $20, say for example... then the second group of countries is "US" for the USA and the shipping is "100:25" so anything up to a 100Kg is $25 dollars, then the third group of countries, i.e. all the other worldwide countries (again from the countries table) is all the other countries you are willing to ship to and the shipping charge, so in my example "100:50", upto 100kg is $50 dollars.

This would get round the fact that CubeCart doesn't do flat rates for certain countries, so you could set the weight limit to whatever you wanted and the shipping charge. It's really normally used as "5:10,10:15,15:20" etc - i.e. upto 5kg is $10, upti 10kg is $15, upto 15kg is $20, etc... but would work for you by different countries at flat rates...

Hope that helps...

Oooh, the "first class" field you see can be edited in the language setup to be whatever you want it to say...

Dave, Bits4Vits

• 3 months later...

I found this thread which almost sorted out one of my problems but I do need to understand one more thing. In my case, Spain, I have one courier shipping cost to the main land that and a very different shipping costs to the islands, call it balearic or canaries. Is there any way I could achieve separate costs for these different destinations by adding the country zones somehow?

Thanks in advance for the feedback

ciao

Nicola :glare:

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, this is really close to what we want to do, given the new USPS rates. We are trying to flat rate all US orders at one price, and all International orders at one price.

In Dave's example above - two questions

1) Where he shows numbers like 100:20, can I have the "100" be in lbs, not kgs?

2) For his Zone 3 (meaning other countries) comment, where the image "Zone 3: Countries - GB, UK, etc...", do I have to list all the ISO codes for each country I ship to (basically all of them), or if I leave it blank it will default to the those not listed in my Zones 1 & 2? (I'm trying to avoid the task of listing all the ISO codes, we ship everywhere).

Thanks,

Mike