Resolved - Negative Stock vs. Add to Cart Button

mitchellds

V: CubeCart 5.1.4

Check out the attached screenshot.

For many of the products in my inventory, I have entered a negative number (this number reflects the current inbound inventory - this is a one time solution as I initially populate my inventory).

Here's the problem: for a given product with a negative number of products on hand, customers are still able to add this product to their shopping cart. For example (reference the attached screenshot), I have 35 of these antennas on order (thus the -35 count), yet a customer is still able to add this item to their cart.

I am sure the software checks to make sure the number of items on hand for a given product is greater than zero in order for a customer to add it to his/her shopping cart (unless, of course, the system is set up to allow out of stock purchases - which my store is NOT).

I also have the "Hide out-of-stock" product checkbox checked but, as you can see, if the inventory is a negative number, the item is not hidden.

Any ideas?

I can't tell from the image if a customer/admin is logged in (not that it matters).

CC won't allow an item to be added to the shopping basket when:

Hide Prices Until Logged In is enabled (does not affect a logged-in admin viewing storefront)

Allow Out-of-Stock Purchases is disabled

That product's Use Stock Level is enabled with Stock Level <= 0

That product is not digital

There is also,

Hide Out-of-Stock Products (does not affect a logged-in admin viewing storefront)

Could you re-verify all these settings?

I can precisely replicate what you are seeing if the product's Use Stock Level is disabled.

Wow! I can't believe it was that simple. I thought the purpose of a product's "Use Stock Level" flag was to flag the admin when stock levels are at or below the stock level warning. This flag would then appear in the stock warnings tab.

But you are right on target, I checked the item with the red X and then checked it with a green "check."

Now, to get everything updated correctly...is there a way to compose a SQL command that will find all records where "Status" is ENABLED - then, update the found records by changing the "Use Stock Level" field to ENABLED? I plan to use phpMyAdmin to run the SQL command.

Again, thanks very much for your help! You are awesome!