Invalid username and/or password

Trying to set up the latest version of cc5.  I have a key for cc4, however my site has been offline due to moving premises and not trading for a year.   I started with a clean install and pointed to the database that was originally there.

it keeps coming up with the error of invalid u/n and or p/w.   i have gone to data base to 'users' and changed p/w etc with no luck.  I have tried setting up new and clean database and reinstall cc5 but again with no luck!!!!!  

Anybody help??    Many thanks in anticipation!!! 

Ok, you created a new "schema", a named collection of tables -- of which there shouldn't be any tables created as of yet. For this new schema/database, you would also need to make sure you have a user with sufficient privileges to create, insert, update, etc the tables in this schema.

Then, with a fresh install of CubeCart 5, let it run the setup routines. This is automatic if there is a setup folder (not deleted or renamed), and that there is not a /includes/global.inc.php file.