USPS Set-Up in CC5

K Body

Hello All, I’m new to CC5 and need help setting up my shipping modules. I make natural bath and body products and my items weigh anywhere from 1 oz - 4 pounds (without packaging and peanuts). I’m a previous CC3 owner and my shipping charges were previously set up by the programmer.

I would like to now utilize the USPS shipping module in order to ensure more accurate shipping cost for my customers. I currently only ship within the US, but If I could get it to work for Canada I would consider that as well. Nevertheless, for now any help for the US would be great. Would anyone be willing to provide step by step instructions or screens shots on how to set this up? I know this is a lot to ask, but I’m having no luck on setting up my shipping….I suck at this type of stuff.  I’m figuring with the screen shots and explanations, after weighting my products in the actual shipping packaging I could input this information correctly.

Thanks a million,

K Body

That would be a great start, I didn't see that there. I guess I was so busy stressing over actually setting it up that I missed the obvious. I'll start hammering away at this and if I have any questions, I check back.

Thanks a bunch!

I tried a  test run with one of my products and I'm getting an error message during check out saying "no suitable shipping methods available for your order...."

My actions in the admin section:

*Clicked on Modules

*Shipping

*Picked USPS

*Enabled the status

*Entered my USPS username (this is the same username used to print out my online USPS labels)

*Entered my zip code

*Entered the packaging weight (I entered 1 for 1lb because I wasn't sure what format was needed to enter 8oz)

*Entered handling fee information

*Selected Regular for the package size

*Container - Variable/Unknown

*Machineable - left disabled (my items can't be sorted by machine)

Domestic Services

*Enabled - First Class and Priority Mail

-----------------------------------------------------

I picked one of my products (I only used one just to test everything out)

Status - Enabled

Manufacturer - None

Conditon - New

Product Code - entered

Product Weight - entered 1 (for test purposes only) for 1lb, because I wasn't sure what format would be used to enter the actual weight of 9 1/8.

I tried to run a test in my shop and that's when I received the error message.

Any help would be appreciated.

K Body

I was having a similar problem to what was mentioned in here until I sussed it ... so I made a blog post about it with a few screenshots to help those still struggling with this .. it's ... Here

Apologies for not typing it all out again here on the forum, but it's getting really late here and I still have some things to clear up before some much needed sleep ...

Respect

Goldie...