Version 3 Features

Just got the newsletter and I must say that I am really excited about this upcoming release.

One of my biggest dislikes is that its really difficult to customize...other than that, the whole thing is awesome and I do plan on using it soon...but thats after #3 is out! <_<

Just wanted to say to keep up the awesome work!

Some of them ideas for CC 3 are great, but I don't wanna lose all the mods I've done already. Hours of work and all! <_<

Hope it's gonna be easy enough to just implent the changes Brooky's done with out having to overwrite my files. :dizzy:

I'm pretty stoked about the Multiple Catergory bit though! :wub: Makes life a little easier.

I may just get that holiday in the south of France this year after all! B)

Guest OskMedia

i think i read somewhere that its gonna be able to implement mods using other means right, like IPB does. like where you just upload somehting and you don't mess with the code, -----Josh

umm, as much as i love some of the options on ver3, i have a feeling that ver2 is going to stay around a while for some.. customized stores are huge to some businesses and losing a lot of work and money just to upgrade to another version is not the answer for some...

Tony~!

the thing i am hoping for is that the mods for ver2 will work on ver3. and the layouts as well. i have paid some big buck for mods and dont wish to just lose them and have to by new mods for ver3..

Kind of like the MS Windows thing.... Nothen works in xp that worked in 95/98.

If thats is going to be the case you need to buy new mods for ver3.. i know i will be keeping ver 2 on my sites,,

i agree... mods cost money.. and customizing things to work just like you want is huge. and to start all over? that is kind of steap for some people.. i know i wouldnt want to start all over if i owned some of the stores i have customized..

Tony~!

i agree... mods cost money.. and customizing things to work just like you want is huge. and to start all over? that is kind of steap for some people.. i know i wouldnt want to start all over if i owned some of the stores i have customized..

Tony~!

I agree 100% with you.

Even though my store isnt modded as much as some peoples, I still put a lot of time into it. Spent some of my money on it, spent some time learning PHP. But who knows, it's just another adventure, right?

Chris

yeah...

adventure <_<

i mean, either way i am still going to do custom programming for whatever ver people want it done on.. but personally i am a 'lite' software type person... i like to be able to add featured i want and no have ANY extra crap i dont think i will ever use..

i guess it is all in personal opinion.. and preferrance

i do however like cubecart, and think that regardless it will be a good shopping cart solution..

Tony~!

the thing i am hoping for is that the mods for ver2 will work on ver3

No chance!! Sorry LOL. CC3 is a completely different beast all together. For one the code is way superior let alone the features.

No nasty nested mysql queries ... Defined variable types... $_GET $_POST etc etc to work on newer php standard installs... Theres no comparison. As a result it will be harder to modify for the novice but thats a sacrifice that is only beneficial to everyone in the long run.

Many will hate it... some will love it... What ever the reaction I'm going to Egypt!

Why Egypt?

..... no idea!!!!

Maybe I just wanna walk like an egyption? And hell by the time this is finished I probably will be for life. <_<

Oh but the necessity of simplicity will remain. I think thats the success behind CubeCart. :dizzy:

Right on!

As for harder for the novice...Uh.......oh........ <_<

Sounds cool though. Guess i will be buying a licence earlier than expected.

Many will hate it... some will love it... What ever the reaction I'm going to Egypt!

can i go can i go can i go <_<

are we there yet???????

are we there yet??????? :dizzy:

Guest twisted

What about someone like me who has been doing dozens of designs for version 2?

(And it took me long enough to learn how to do that!)

Am I going to have to re-learn everything about the way the cart works in order to design for ver 3?

Or is the html templating thing mentioned going to make my life easier designing for the v3 users?

Well, I for one am both looking forward to and dreading the day that version 3 arrives. I'm not even finished setting up my version 2 cubecart yet... And the amount of modifications I've done would be a waste if I just switched over. But if I can figure out how to set up version 3 the way I want it, when it's here, I'll probably switch over. If my version 2 cart is ready before that, I will go live with that, and then switch over to version 3 whenever I have it modded the way I want it (and working...)

yeah, right now is that point where you have to think real hard about what you want to do... either you make cc2 EXACTLY what you want.. and totally customize it how you like it... OR you wait... sit on your butt until ver3 is released.. no use of doing both..

i for one am staying with ver2 for a while.. might re-write it to be more customizable and work more with CSS (which will let you control the layout ever more!)... and let my clients choose that they want their store to do. i always been a fan of slim, lite software that can be easily made to do anything..

i will also keep up with the new version and do custom work for that as well.. as.. not everyone will be staying with a lighter version of this software.. most of my 'best selling' mods are stand alone anyways.. and will be plugged in easily.

Tony~!

Guest OskMedia

.css is GOOD , and template system is awesome of course if you already have a site designed ur oging ot ot have rto re design ir otr jus incorparate it in to this, shouldn't be hard, --Josh

Am I going to have to re-learn everything about the way the cart works in order to design for ver 3?

There will be a learning curve but you will find it more pleasant. i.e. if you change something in one place in CC3 it will refelect everywhere. (In most cases.)

I will also have superior stylesheet support and complete separation of html and php (on the front end) although the template system is realtively basic.

Here is a sample template page for unsubscribeing:

<table width="100%" class="tblContentBox"  border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="4">

<tr>

<td class="tdContentBoxHead"><span class="txtMainTitle">{UNSUBSCRIBE_TITLE}</span></td>

<tr>

<td class="txtCopy">

<p>{TXT_UNSUBSCRIBE}</p>

<form action="unsubscribe.php" target="_self" method="post">

<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="3" align="center">

<tr>

<td><strong>{TXT_ENTER_EMAIL}</strong></td>

<td><input type="text" name="email" class="textbox" /></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td>&nbsp;</td>

<td><input name="submit" type="submit" value="{TXT_SUBMIT}" class="submit" /></td>

</tr>

</table>

</form>

</td>

</tr>

</table>

Right I have to stop waffeling and do some work...