Cubecart 5 - resizing images

nejray

CubeCart skins are not very flexible where it comes to changing the size of the imagery that goes with each. But...

1) Store Settings, Advanced tab, Caching Enabled: disabled

2) Copy the vanilla folder to a new folder called nejray-vanilla

3) In nejray-vanilla, edit the config.xml file: <uid>, <name>, and <display> to be nejray-vanilla

4) Also, edit the 'thumbnail' and 'small' <image> nodes so that 'maximum' is the length in pixels of the longest edge

5) Store Settings, Layout tab, Default Front-end Skin: Nejray Vanilla

6) Test

You may find that making images larger (and sometimes smaller) will destroy the layout of the skin. In that case, you will need to adjust the sizes of the containers that hold the images, etc, in the CSS files.

CubeCart automatically makes copies of the source images sized according to the config.xml parameters, and stores them in the /images/cache folder.

• 1 year later...

CubeCart automatically makes copies of the source images sized according to the config.xml parameters, and stores them in the /images/cache folder.

Sorry to butt in a little OT, but....

Is there are way to force this to happen?  I deleted the files in /images/cache since a few had disappeared, and I cant get CC to rebuild them. I tried renaming my skin, tried with caching disabled/enabled, tried re-uploading my product images...

I do not see a way to force CubeCart to construct all of the products' cached image sets in one go.

Code could be written to do that, but I agree with the premise that CubeCart will make each product's or category's image set as required.

May we know your reason for wanting a complete set of image sets as soon as possible?

Wasn't really asking for a new feature, just hoping there was such a thing.  I had deleted the files from /images/cache folder thinking that they would be re-populated on switching skin, rather than during setup.  Not sure why I thought that...  I don't know how I lost a couple *.50.* files before, but made a much bigger mess for myself trying to fix it.  I just created new versions of all the files with a ps script, so all is good, and now I will have backups blush.png .  Was just wondering...

To be clear, the images in the cache folder are regenerated when any page is requested to show an image of the product. So, working your way through all the categories (viewing the All page if necessary) should regenerate nearly every image used by the skin.

Generated images for the skin is not accomplished at setup time.

If you switch to a different skin, and this other skin has an image size(s) different than the prior skin, those other new sizes will not be created until there is a need to show it.

To be clear, the images in the cache folder are regenerated when any page is requested to show an image of the product. So, working your way through all the categories (viewing the All page if necessary) should regenerate nearly every image used by the skin.

Generated images for the skin is not accomplished at setup time.

If you switch to a different skin, and this other skin has an image size(s) different than the prior skin, those other new sizes will not be created until there is a need to show it.

Hmm, that was not at all what was happening for me.  I tried both my version of mican and the default version of mican, and a few other default templates, with both caching enabled and disabled, for a couple hours, in multiple browsers, and the images were never regenerated back into /images/cache.