Digital Download Product Bug

ghinton

I am buying CubeCart this week, but there is a bug I have found playing with the lite version pertaining to digital downloads, in both versions 5.2.7 and 5.2.8. If you create a digital product and select the digital option (turn it into a check) and then save it, it becomes a digital product. Open the product back up and then click save again, it reverts to a shippable product. Even if you do save and reload, it unchecks the option. So, basically if you have to go back in to edit a digital product, and then save it, you have to open it back up again and reselect the download option. This is kind of irritating if you have a digital store.

Welcome ghinton! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

Allow us to ask, is there a file that has been associated with this product (such as PDF, an MP3, etc), or a specific download link provided?

I will trace through the code, but I want to eliminate the possibility that simply saying a product is digital with telling CubeCart where the digital product is located for download, may be confusing CubeCart.

Again, I'll trace through the code.

Nope, it was something I had changed in the database class to cause what I saw.

Please make sure there is absolutely nothing in the Custom File Path field, not even spaces. You may need to ask your browser to show you the HTML so that you can verify there is nothing between the quotes for this field (the relevant HTML will be near the bottom of the code).

• 11 months later...
This is kind of an old thread, but I don't see that there has been a solution.  I also am experiencing a similar problem. When adding a product, going from left to right through the tabs, it doesn't matter if I Save and reload on each tab or not.  When I get to the digital table, the file was previously uploaded via the file management section so it is listed.  I select the check box to the right of the file (a PDF) and then if I click save and reload the page refreshes as expected and my check mark is still there.  I move on to the final tabs and eventually click SAVE.  Now back at my list of products I see the product I just added is NOT showing a type of digital, instead is shows tangible.  I go back in to edit this product and select the digital page and sure enough, the file I selected is NO longer checked.  I check it and click on SAVE and now the list is updated correctly to show a digital type.  

I actually added almost a dozen products before I realized it was not saving my digital type declarations.  It seems related to the save & reload button.  That button does not actually save the digital type.  You have to select SAVE while on the Digital tab for it to actually save your digital type.  At least that is how it seems to be working for me. 

I'm running 
PHP Version 5.3.27

Annoying, there is no indication of the CubeCart version in the admin section..  Download file was v 6.0.0.b4

This is not the first shopping cart that does this tabbed mode style of data entry and that has this same problem that I've experienced. It's a nice idea, but it sure seems to be difficult to get it all working and then lends itself to breaking very easily later on when changes are made.  If I were you I would consider doing this product entry routine VERY differently in the near future or go back to what was before.  I'm just sayin.  :-)

Anyway that's my 2 cents.. Oh, BTW, I've been installing PHP carts and forums and CMS programs and blogs, etc.. for little over 15 years.  So not my first rodeo.

P.S.
It would appear that clicking save on any tab other than the digital tab sets the product type back to tangible.

P.P.S.
Quick way to fix it is move the digital tab to the last tab on the left.  So the last operation is to SAVE while on the digital tab.  That's what I'm doing to solve the problem, simply end my data entry on the digital tab with a SAVE.

I know this was discussed in these forums and a solution was developed. Let me try to find it.

And, in admin, Dashboard, Store Overview tab. The Dashboard is the first page you see when logging in, and is the first link in the breadcrumbs.

Please see this:

With respect to the tabs, (in all cases I have found) what you see is the active tab's content and all inactive tab's content is not being shown (CSS trick). Outside the overall tab set container is the Save button area (called the "Form Control").

That is, going to any tab* simply shows a section of the entire, very long page of all the tabs' contents. Then followed by the one single Save button.

So, your approach to Save on the last tab - perhaps Saving when filling out each tab's fields, which doesn't work the way you think - resulted in no more product edits as that was the last edit/save action you made (chronologically).

*A tab can be constructed as a link (page request) to another set of tabs.