Document question

Phase2

On home page I have my documents, eg;  About us, Contact us, Privacy Policy, etc.

When i click to open nothing happens.

Status is on,  any suggestions as to why this is happening, 

Its a new install of the program.

When I click any link that has been formatted in the "search engine friendly" style (ends in .html), your CubeCart does not process that URL properly.

What is supposed to happen is the ,htaccess file in the root folder of your store installation will tell the web server to take this part: www.mystore.com/contact-us.html and reform the URL to look like: www.mystore.com/index.php?seo_path=contact-us.

CubeCart then looks in the database for contact-us to learn what the actual page is supposed to be.

For your site, if I use this URL (standard format): www.jotogifts.com.au/index.php?_a=category&cat_id=2

I get an error saying:

403 Forbidden

Common reasons for this error are:

• Incorrect file/directory permissions: Below 644.

In order files to be read by the webserver, their permissions have to be equal or above 644. You can update file permissions with a FTP client or through cPanel's File Manager.

• Restrictive Apache directives inside .htaccess file.

There are two Apache directives which can cause this error - 'Deny from' and 'Options -Indexes'.

Neither reason is plausible in your case, but the first reason is more likely since www.jotogifts.com.au/index.php works fine. You might also want to check the error logs (look around in cPanel to view) to determine if any clue can be found there.

bsmither,

Thank you for your reply, it pointed me in the right direction,

Prior to loading CC5 i had tried Magento cart. I have been a CC customer with my sites since 2005.

But I thought I would look at the competition.

In Cpanel I took your advice and looked for an incorrect file. After  looking for a long time

it suddenly jumped out at me, there for all to see was a Magento file in with the CC5 doc  files.

No clue how it got there but removed it and all now works well.

Thank you for your help, you  made me look into  the files

Best to you

Tony