customer login problems

slic535

I have a customer that ordered on april 7 2014. he came back an tried logging in again and It wont let him in.  when I hit customer list, it shows him as registering on todays date in with the new people and showing his old order. any ideas? I updated from 5.2.4 to 5.2.11.         

To start, please let us know if this customer was "registered" (image of head and shoulders) or "unregistered" (image of ghost) before the upgrade.

Has this customer attempted to log in prior to this most recent attempt?

Please bear with me.

Did this customer admit to trying to log in more than five times - possibly trying various passwords? (After the fifth failed attempt, that username will be blocked for 10 minutes.

You have verified he was trying to log in using the correct email address? In admin, Staff Access Log, Customer Access tab, will show customer accesses for the past few days.

As best I can discern, there is no relevant change in the code from CC524 to CC5211 for dealing with processing passwords, managing the user details, or managing login attempts.

The "OPEN ID" feature has been removed.

Did this customer mention if he was using Internet Explorer 11?

I checked and it looks like he tried twice. it has an x next to the email of him. also he is trying to reset the password and says he doesn't know what the validation key is. why does he need a validation key for a new password? where is this validation # at?

When a registered customer uses CubeCart's "Forgot Password" feature, CubeCart will email a link containing a "validate=abcdef" part to the URL.

When the customer enters this complete URL in a browser, CubeCart will take the "validate" value and use it to populate a field on the Recover Password form. (Recover is a bad word, as there is no way to discern what the current password is.)

The customer enters a new password, and is logged in.