CubeCart shows "cancelled" order but order is not cancelled

CHGTF

So I noticed yesterday that a few orders in my order list say "cancelled". I didn’t set them to it so obviously CubeCart had to have set them to it. This morning I noticed two more orders in the last 24hr that show up as "cancelled".

I noticed that I have about 50+ orders that have been cancelled.

The issue is(kind of) - I still got a payment - I sent out product - the order as far as I can tell was never "cancelled".

I checked my PayPal for an order a few days ago that shows up in my order list as cancelled; and in PayPal I still received funds.

First off - I don’t want to end up sending anyone free product. Secondly - has anyone seen this/had this happen to them?

That many orders having been cancelled would raise my suspicions.

The first place I would look at is the raw website access logs. There will be entries where the command to cancel is in the querystring.

Also, if the History tab of the order does not show that order getting cancelled, and the date/time, that will certainly constitute some serious debugging.

Here is some Order history samples:

Order History

Status Date/Time

Pending Today, 11:46

Pending Today, 11:46

Order status is "Cancelled"

Order History

Status Date/Time

Pending Oct 22 2014, 17:54 PM

Pending Oct 22 2014, 17:50 PM

Pending Oct 22 2014, 17:48 PM

Order Status is "cancelled"

Order History

Status Date/Time

Pending Sep 26 2014, 18:09 PM

Processing Sep 25 2014, 21:03 PM

Pending Sep 25 2014, 04:17 AM

Pending Sep 25 2014, 04:16 AM

Pending Sep 25 2014, 04:16 AM

Order status is "Cancelled"

Ok. In admin, Store Settings, Features tab, Orders: Time (in seconds) before expiring pending orders

If there is a value entered here, then Pending orders will be 'expired' (a bad choice of term for cancelled).

If there is no value entered here, then we need to learn why CubeCart is cancelling these Pending orders.

This setting is important because, in relation to when stock levels are decremented (that is, when an order goes to Pending), you could end up with a fully-stocked store but nothing you can sell.

I will make a suggestion to the programmers to have code that will log the reason why an order was cancelled: admin setting, admin action, customer action, etc.

RESOLVED  (sort of)

^^^^^^^^^^^^

There was a number in the Time slot - I remember putting it there in fact but I thought it was how long a customers shopping cart will remain in the system before clearing. OBVIOUSLY I learned that it is not.

I will have to go thru the orders and figure out which ones processed but say "cancelled" because there is some in that category.

This leads me to my next question - HOW long will orders in the system stay as "Pending" - not PROCESSING but Pending - I remember allot of those older orders were in the pending status until I set that option a while ago. Why do orders stay in pending at all? I understand maybe its an order hung - maybe it is not complete - I am not 100% sure but those cancelled orders were all pending a while ago.

"how long a customers shopping cart will remain in the system"

I believe that's a function of how long a 'session' is in force. Typically, a customer has 60 minutes of inactivity before the cookie they were last using expires.

Also, everytime PHP shuts down after serving the web page, CubeCart deletes sessions from the database older than this value (3600 seconds). This is a value that must be changed by editing core code.

On the other hand, a logged in customer will have his shopping basket 'saved' (this is an administrative setting). When logging in later, the shopping basket is reloaded.

"ones processed but say "cancelled" because there is some in that category"

That is strange. Your third example has an order at Processing go back to Pending 21 hours later.

"HOW long will orders in the system stay as Pending"

An order that has been databased in CubeCart_orders_summary will stay there forever. Unless you delete that order from the admin list of orders.

"Why do orders stay in pending at all?"

In the business world, any and all kinds of data can be mined, collated, rotated, polarized, summarized, and interpreted. All kinds of data. Nothing is not important enough to discard. You just need to have the imagination to figure out what to do with it. (I had a subscription to Fast Company, a magazine for entrepreneurs. From that, I learned if you can figure out how to make the act of a customer picking his nose relevant to their purchasing patterns in a store, you can make big money.dizzy.gif)